Chapter 24: Goodbye, Friends

I took a gentle sip of wine. The flavor seemed to excite my tongue.

"That's good," I sighed in a loving tone. "Needed this."

"Need?" Uni asked. She was currently in the midst of taping balloon strings to the wall.

"Well, do we need to have balloons up?" I raised an eyebrow. Neptune, who was sitting next to me, snickered.

"Yes!" Uni said. "Do you need to have wine?" Uni said with quizzicality.

"Wine restores my energy. But like someone as feeble minded like you wouldn't understand."

"I'm older than you!" Uni said, narrowing her eyes.

"Act like it then, freaking loli," I rolled my eyes. Neptune burst out in laughter.

"Like you're any more mature!" Uni retorted.

"Cake is ready!" Peashy announced as her and Buddy walked out with a simple cake on a platter. It looked good.

"Did you kiddos make that?" I asked.

"Yep!" Buddy said as Peashy nodded.

"Looks delicious!" Vert commented, joining us at the table, followed by Noire, who took a seat next to me. I filled my glass again.

"Maybe you should stop," Neptune suggested.

"Nah, I'll be alright babe!" I smiled, and then kissed her. She blushed cutely, giving a weird laugh, like all her dreams came true in an odd way. I loved it. Neptune kissed me back.

"I'm glad you came into my life, don't leave!"

"Okay," I responded. "I'll be sure to visit!"

"I love you." Another kiss.

"I love ya too Neps!" I stated.

"Oh boy," Blanc said as she sat down. "With this constant lovey dovey, goofing off with parties, and dimension travel, and war with Hell. Our shares will go down."

"Chill out! Shares should've gone up after the death of Ratio. You guys helped. The hope you guys had for me and your faith in me, I was able to defeat Ratio. It was the purest form of energy!" I smiled. "The citizens praise us."

"Yeah,I guess you're right," Vert said.

"Always am!" I winked.

"Riiight," Nepgear commented, with a sweatdrop.

"The cake looks very good!" Plutia said as she walked through the door. "I just got done with sleeping!" She gave a small smile.

"I almost died, again, and while we were gone, you slept?" I asked.

"I knew you would take care of my friends!" Plutia smiled.

"I'm flattered!" I smiled, bowing my head in acknowledgement.

"You are strong, and you can handle protecting all of us." Plutia continued.

"She's right, we thank you deeply for protecting Gameindustri from Ratio," Blanc commented.

"Plutia was off set!" I stammered.

"I'm not getting fired!" Plutia smiled.

"Whatever," I said. Compa held her glass up.

"To friendship!" She smiled. I raised my glass as did the girls.

"To friendship!" We all laughed. We took part in dancing and playing games. The night seemed to be going on forever until it was almost over. It was weird, everything had gone by so fast. It was, unreal. It was soon time to go. I was followed by the girls towards the edge of the city.