A New Lucy

"Scarlett, your sister is at the gate"

"Lucy?"

"Yes"

"You can let her through"

Scott nods ok and leaves, she's finally back after being MIA for the past 6 months. I know she's been ok though as she sent me a postcard from Florida, no idea why she's there but I'll find out.

I see her car pulling up but the person who gets out isn't who I remembered.

"You cut your hair, you got tattoos, you lost weight"

"Hello to you as well" she laughs and hugs me

"You look great, where have you been?"

"Touring the country"

"What do you mean?"

"I got a boyfriend, his name is Simon and he's the guitarist in a band. I was on tour with him"

"You didn't tell me or anyone you have a boyfriend"

"I wanted to make sure it was going to last before I told people"

"That's fair enough, so tell me more about him" I smile as I grab a bottle of wine out of the cupboard and two glasses

"Well he's dark haired and about my height, he's the funniest person I've met. He's like the god at playing guitar"

"I'm pretty sure that's Hendrix but carry on"

"His band mates are really nice people. He has a dog called Charles"

"And where does this Simon live?"

"Bakersfield"

"Not far then, that's good. So it's pretty serious then?"

"Yeah, I'm moving in with him and Charles. I think I've finally found someone decent"

"I'm happy for you, does Mom and Dad know?"

"Yes, they wasn't happy that Ben knew before them"

"How did he know?"

"I saw him in New York."

"I miss him, I need to call him at some point it's been a few months since we last spoke"

"He's doing really great"

"I'm glad to hear it. So this new image?"

"You know I've wanted tattoos for years, Simon helped me overcome my fear of needles"

"Well damn this Simon is a keeper"

"He really is, enough about me. What have I missed since I've been gone?"

"Michael has a new album"

"Which is amazing, give into me is such a hot song"

"Beth has twins now, Billy and Hannah. They're 3 weeks old"

"That's cute. How have you been since, you know the"

"Baby" I interrupt

"Yeah"

"It's been a rollercoaster to be honest but both me and Michael have been better. It's easier now than it was."

"I'm glad you're both ok."

"Yeah, Jess knows about it now along with Katherine. I have gone to tell Mom and Dad but I chicken out at the last minute"

"You don't have to tell them, only tell them when you're 100% ready"

"I know"

"How's work been? I seen some of the comics whilst I was around at various places"

"It's been good, finally managed to get a new Bubbles one out last week. It's been a while for that series so was good to get one out"

"How is Bubbles?"

"He's good, he has to stay in his closure more as he's getting older so for his and our safety but Michael sees him every day and I go as many times as I can. He's happy though which is good"

"I'm glad to hear it"

"So how long are you back for before you fly off to travel the world next?"

"I'm going to attend half of the Europe tour in 3 and a half months"

"Lucky you"

"You can explore the world too, more luxury hotels than me staying on a bus"

"You get the freedom, Michael has such a tight schedule you don't see much. And it's not safe to with the fans. Night is the only time you can see most things but you're too tired to go exploring the city at 2am"

"That's true, one day me and you will go to Europe"

"I'm holding you to that" I chuckle

Around an hour later Lucy leaves so naturally once she's out of sight I ring Joey to gossip with him about her. She's a completely different person but it's a good different, she's struggled a lot with relationships in the past so I'm glad to see she's happy, I hope it lasts because she deserves it.

Talking our our parents did make me remember that I need to visit them, I haven't seen them for a while so I need to set aside some time to visit them.

It's also making me think about a vacation, me and Michael haven't been on one in a long time, or even had time just for ourselves in a while. When I next speak to him I need to remember to try and see about a vacation for us, it will do us good.