Rehab

We get onto the plane and I take my seat, Michael takes his seat next to me and just sits there looking at me. I know he's looking as I can sense his stare and see it on his reflection in the window.

"I know you're mad but please hold me, or hold my hand. Please baby"

I hold my arm out and he holds my hand, I feel a tear roll down my cheek as I feel his thumb rubbing my knuckles. The plane takes off and we make our way to London, the entire flight is silent and we land at 2am, no one has slept much. I mean how could we sleep under the circumstances of this journey.

We arrive and on the outside it's a nice looking building but on the inside I suppose it isn't. I stand by the reception counter and sign all the paperwork whilst Michael says bye to everyone. Once everything is signed I go and stand next to Frank as Michael finish hugging Elizabeth.

"Please let me hug you" he speaks as he wipes his eyes now standing in front of me

I don't reply but hug him, him hugging me tighter burying his head in my neck.

"I'm so sorry, I really am. I'm going to miss you so much more now I can't speak to you. I know you're mad and I understand, I promise I'll change. I'm gonna get better, I'm gonna get through this for you. I love you"

"Michael, it's time" the woman speaks up

"Please say you love me back" he says as he pulls away

"Please baby, please say it, or mime it. Or write it, please anyway just somehow say it back"

I look at the sadness in his eyes, the need. He wipes my eyes and kisses me

"Michael" the woman speaks again

He sighs and looks at me before turning and walking away, the doors closing behind him.

What am I doing? I probably just made his treatment ten times worse. I run towards the doors but I get pulled back

"Let me go, I need to say it back" I demand as I try to pull away

"Mrs Jackson you can't go"

"I never said it back, I gotta tell him I love him"

"We can tell him on your behalf"

"Yeah he's really gonna believe that! He's gonna think you said it to make him better. So let me go and tell my husband I love him!"

"Scarlett come on, Michael knows you love him" Frank speaks up

"But I never said it back, I've ignored him for hours. My own husband begging me to say I love him and I didn't. I didn't say it back" I break down crying and Elizabeth immediately hugs me

"Shh, it's going to be ok. He knows you love him, he's going to get through it. We all will" she says

"I want to leave" I mumble as I grab my bag from the chair

They all nod and we leave. As soon as I get to the hotel I go to my room and sit in the window looking over the London skyline. I'm going to fix it, I'm going to make sure when he comes out he knows I love him. I go to bed and lay there staring at the ceiling as I think of what I'm going to do.

Next Day
"Scarlett?" Frank asks whilst knocking on the door

I get up putting the dressing robe on over my pjs and I go to the door. "Hey, Elizabeth is doing the press conference. Are you coming?"

"Yeah, I'll get ready now" I reply and close the door. I get dressed but it's Britain and the wind has arrived so I put one of Michael's button ups on over my shirt. I grab some sunglasses as my eyes are still bloodshot and red as well as the bags from the very little sleep I got last night. Once I'm ready I leave meeting everyone by the lift, well here we go. Time to face the world.