Soul Train

Tonight is the 25th Soul Train awards, Janet is nominated for one of the awards and Michael is performing there.

I curl the last of my hair and as I'm spraying it with hairspray I hear Michael walking back into the room.

"You're curling your hair on purpose"

"I am not" I reply placing the spray can down and making a start on my make up

"Just because I don't have my curls anymore"

I ignore him and continue my make up whilst he goes to get ready. He cut his hair a few weeks ago for a music video and honestly, it's hard to get used to. I miss his curls.

I go into the bathroom to brush my teeth then I finally get dressed. I go with the long black dress that has a white ribbon around the waist which is a bow on the back. I find some black heels and place them on.

"We're matching" Michael smiles as he walks out with his suit on

"Apart from the curls" I smirk as I straighten his tie

"Are you ready to go?"

"Yep"

Venue
We get out the car to the bright lights and flashes from the paparazzi, Michael holds his arm around my waist keeping me close but we do stop to let them take some photos.

"Table 42" The man smiles as soon as we enter the building

I think him and immediately smile when we reach the table.

"Girl you look adorable, matching outfits and all" Janet smiles standing up and hugging me

"Thanks, you look wonderful" I smile hugging her back

"Hey dunk" Michael smiles now hugging her as I sit down and help myself to the bottle of wine on the table.

Everyone takes their seats and shortly afterwards it begins.

"I need to go now" Michael speaks before kissing my cheek

"Good luck honey" I smile

"Which songs did he pick in the end?" Janet asks

"Wait and find out" Frank replies

The lights go out apart from the ones on the stage which means it's about to start.

"I didn't know he was adding a bit of smooth criminal in"

"He decided to fit it in once you was disappointed to find out he wasn't doing it"

"Well it is my favourite song"

"It is?" Janet asks shocked

"Yes"

"But he wrote I just can't stop loving you for you"

"And only put it on the album as a sorry for forgetting their anniversary" Frank laughs

"Cheers for that reminder Frank. Janet that's my second favourite song though"

"I can't believe he forgot ya'll anniversary, just wait until I see him"

You are not alone starts to play and I immediately let out a smile when I look at the stage.

"Seeing as I learned something new behind my brother's song. Any for this one?" Janet asks

"He was on tour, we had some minor issues before he left. I think it was about week in to the tour, he started saying some of the lyrics to cheer me up and it went from there"

"You and Michael had issues? You guys are the power couple though"

"Every couple have their issues, ours just all happened at the wrong time."