Our Little Angel

I wake up in the middle of the night and I think I had an accident, this is so embarrassing. I turn the lamp on and my eyes goes wide, I didn't have an accident, the white sheets are now red. I shake Michael awake and a sharp pain hits my stomach

"MICHAEL WAKE UP!" I yell as I hold my stomach

"Baby what's wro-" he stops talking when he turns over and see, he quickly gets up and pull the blanket back

"We need to go to the hospital"

"Are you able to change your bottoms and I'll get the car ready?"

I nod and he quickly runs off, I go and change even though the pain is making it hard. I manage to change and Michael comes back and picks me up, we get to the car and Michael holds me close as Ricky drives

"It hurts Michael" I say through tears

"I know baby, we'll be there soon"

"I'm scared"

"I can't say that things will be okay cause I don't know if it will but I promise you whatever happens we will be ok" he says and kisses my head.

We arrive and I get immediately taken to a room, the pain goes away after a little while and I get left in the room whilst they go and do whatever they said it was. Michael comes and I scoot up a bit so he can sit on the edge of the bed. I hold his hand as we wait in silence, a few minutes later someone comes in.

"Are they ok?" Michael asks

She frowns "I'm sorry, you suffered a miscarriage"

I look at her speechless, miscarriage? Our little baby is now an angel? I get my tears back and 10x more of them. Michael holds me close and I cry into his chest

"It's gonna be ok baby, our little angel is safe up in heaven"

"But he or she is meant to be safe in my womb not in the sky, he or she is too young, didn't get to see the world"

"I know, I know" he says gently rocking me back and forth. When we get home the maids already sorted the bed out, I get into bed and curl up in a ball. Our little baby isn't here, could've it been a premature birth? He or she didn't deserve this. No one knew I was even pregnant except Lucy, what if the media saw us? What if they find out and it goes to the magazines? Michael wraps his arm around me and I un curl myself and cuddle him. We both just fall asleep in silence. Not one word was said since we left that room at the hospital.

I wake up not as warm as I normally am, I sit up to the reason why. Michael isn't in bed. I debate about looking for him but I just don't feel like it. He probably wants to be alone himself, I sit in the window and see Michael sat in his giving tree, see told you. Wants to be alone. I go back to the bed and put a movie on.

1 week later
"Please eat something" he begs, I haven't been hungry and he's been literally begging me for the last few days.

"Fine, but nothing too big"

"A sandwich?"

"Ok"

"Thank you" he gets up and leaves the room, returning with a sandwich and sits back down handing them to me.

I've realised I'm being unfair, I haven't spoken to Michael hardly since that night. It was his baby too. I put the plate down and place my hand on his "I'm sorry I haven't spoken much or eaten"

"It's ok, I just don't want you getting sick where you haven't had anything to eat"

I look at him and keep staring at him deep in the eyes "you wanna talk about it?"

He nods yes and pulls me closer to him "I know it's horrible and I miss him or her too, but maybe it's for the best. Maybe heaven was a safer place for our little angel"

I look up at him and wipes his eyes "it's gonna be ok though....isn't it?"

"Yeah, it's gonna be ok baby" he smiles reassuringly and kisses me, I kiss him back and cuddle him resting my head on his chest. "We'll be absolutely fine" he says and kisses my head.

Next Day
I sort myself out, I haven't actually left the bedroom since that night. I finish my shower and get dressed. I stand by the door and calm myself down, I'm panicking so much, the staff obviously know and I'm scared to face them. I haven't seen Michael since this morning either, this is hurting him more than he's letting on. He hasn't said much about it when we talk but then again I haven't either. I get downstairs and look around

"Celeste have you seen Michael?"

"He went outside this morning but I haven't seen or heard him since"

"Ok, thank you" I walk outside and look around, I walk over to Bill who's having his lunch "Bill do you know if Michael is on the grounds or out?"

"I saw him enter the studio about 2 and a half hrs ago, he may still be there"

"Ok, I'll go look"

I walk off and I get inside the studio main doors. I hear Smile playing, the original by Nat Cole King. I go through the second doors and Michael is sat on the floor against the mirror with his head in his hands. I quietly walk over and slowly sit down by him, I wrap my arm around him and he curls up and buries his head on my lap crying. I play with his curls in silence. After a few minutes he sits back up and rests his head on my shoulder

"Babe? Please talk to me"

"I don't know what to say"

"Just say what you're thinking, what's on your mind"

"It's not fair, an innocent baby. Didn't even get to see the world, a baby who had their whole life ahead of them. The baby did nothing wrong to be taken away. I know our angel is safe in haven and it may of been the best but it's not fair, it's so not fair"

he says breaking down at the end and he hugs me. I hug him back holding him close, I knew it was affecting him but not this bad. It hurts seeing him cry, children is the one thing he wants more than anything.

"I know it's hard babe, we'll get through it I promise" I say softly and kiss his head.

We both go back to the house and decide to watch a few movies for the rest of the day. This is so hard, I just wanted everything to work out so badly but I guess it isn't our time yet.