Call Me Maybe.

A whistling noise disrupts your slumber, your vision blurry as you slowly open your eyes. You had fallen asleep against Marco's chest as you had wished but you're not on him anymore, your face now harboring a print from the sofa's armrest and the whistling emerging again.

It's when your eyes follow the sound, you realize it's just your phone. With a grunt you sit up slowly, the thin blanket that Marco must have laid on you before leaving now sliding down to your hip as you reach for the noisy device.

Honestly, I wonder why I bought this thing sometimes. 

You have to squint in order to read the screen properly, your tired eyes barely able to make out a single word but at least you can see the big-ass clock in the center of the screen as clear as day, it says it's currently 9:01pm.

So, you would've been asleep most of the day, no wonder why Marco left. Poor thing must have been bored stiff. You're extremely grateful to him though, you hadn't slept this well in days.

Naturally, your good mood crumbles when you realize the whistling is actually a text from Kid. A long and deflated groan leaving your throat as you reluctantly open the message. 'I heard you were sick today, are you okay now? I still care you know!' 

The words immediately causing your skin to crawl as the temptation to launch your phone at the wall rises, just who the hell does he think he's trying to fool? If he truly gave a damn about you, he wouldn't have caused all this to begin with.

Without a seconds hesitation to text the redhead back, your message being short and sweet however; 'Fuck off.' A smile gracing your lips as you send the reply before blocking his number from your phone so that he can no longer contact you.

There was once a time where you'd fall for his little mind games but your eyes have been opened since then, he opened them for you when he took that skank into that bedroom. A bedroom that didn't even belong to either of them, no less.

At least I still have my dignity, unlike some. 

But you can't help the empty feeling, the loneliness settling in again. Most people your age would have family around them after an ugly break-up but you don't have that luxury since Rayleigh's off exploring the women of the world. 

Your eyes idly trailing to a piece of paper on your coffee table, the paper that Sabo gave you so that you could get in touch with him or Ace whenever you need to. You contemplate it for a moment though, it's 9pm and it's a Monday night, they probably won't be able to come over considering there's school tomorrow...

Won't know unless I try though.

Your hand reaching for the paper while the other holds up your phone at the ready, your eyes flickering from the number to the cell as you copy it into your contacts before calling them.

Although as it dials away, your anxiety starts to go crazy. What if they're trying to sleep and you're bothering them with phone calls? Or if they're in a good mood right now and you're just going to bring them down with your misery? Or--"Hello?"

SHIT! TOO LATE NOW!

"Hi~? Is this Sabo?" You politely ask with beads of sweat already beginning to pour down your face. It's so bloody hard to tell who is who over the phone, especially with these brothers and their deep voices. You're honestly not sure why you're so nervous, you've known these goons for years and they love each and every one of their friends, even when said-friend is on a downer.

"No, this is Marco. Who's this yoi?" 

OH. FUCKING. SHIIIIIIIIIT. HE'S GOING TO THINK I'M A FUCKING STALKER! RIGHT, [F/N]. CHILL! JUST TELL HIM THAT YOU WERE EXPECTING ACE TO ANS--I STILL HAVEN'T TOLD HIM WHO I AM! I BET ALL HE CAN HEAR ON HIS END IS SOME CREEPER BREATHING DOWN THE FUCKING PHONE! JUST. ANSWER. HIM. GO, [F/N]. DO IT.