Chapter - 10: Her first crush?

Sidharth's POV :

"Let's sit somewhere and talk" I suggest, stepping forward I carefully weave my fingers through hers and give a squeeze before leading her further. Her friend followed us closely behind, I knew by the way he was grunting.

"Who told you before me?" Kaira questions guardedly as we sit at 322 west street café on the farthermost corner.

"How does it matter? We have more important things to discuss. From when is this going on?" Ritik waves his forefinger between us to specify.

I heard her mutter something like "I'm going to kill Bhai" and tried to stifle a laugh and keep a blank expression.

Kaira groans when she heard his question and leans back in her chair, I could see the worry lines on her forehead.

"Past 2 weeks." I answer instead but stop when I feel her palm over mine. When I look at her, she was glaring at her friend.

"That isn't a question to ask. You want an answer from me then ask nicely. And stop acting like you don't know. I told you last time we met, you know math calculate." She snaps.

Ritik's eyes snapped from me to Kaira as he glared at her "You told me you met someone, not that this someone is the one you are getting married to. I thought this was just one of your crushes."

"Oh yeah? When you told me about your assistant even I thought she would be one of your— One night stands, is she yet?"

I see him clenching and releasing his fists at her mock and I can't help but smirk internally.

"You know it's not like that, Kiri."

She rolled her eyes "Fine. Ask what you want nicely."

"Why didn't you say no?"

She shrugged "I did. On Sunday, dad had come up to announce that he has fixed my marriage and expects me to get married and out of the house by the end of this year. What do you expect me to do? Of course, I'd say no. Dad doing all this was like, yeah do whatever you want. But Bhai? He was okay with it? I had little argument with him as well and he left after giving me a pep talk. Of course, I don't back down my protest but then with continuous texts from milkshake, Bhai's chocolates and talk with Shreya suggested that I should meet the guy first so, yeah it happened and here we are."

He raised an eyebrow at me as she completed "What did you even like in him?"

My heart skipped a beat as he asked that, ready for her answer. I met her eyes when she looked at me.

She smiled before looking back at him "Don't know. It just feels right?"

So does, Kaira, it so feels right with you.

"It does, doesn't it?" He smirked from his place.

In response, she shrugged and grinned at him.

"Arav bhai is willing to go with uncle on his decision of marrying you? How is that possible?" He reminded again.

Doesn't Arav and his father go along? They are professional in every business meetings, they don't look like they have any clashes amongst them.

"Even I was surprised that day when I knew. But now, knowing that my leaving would give him a ticket out, I don't doubt it. Anyway, he was living there for me, so when I'm not there anymore, why would he live in dad's house?" She offered her point.