Chapter 8

Greyson and I stood outside Simple Smoothies waiting for the other two. My gaze fell to the concrete floor. "Thanks Greyson." I saw him turn towards me. "For what?" "Thanks for watching that movie with me last night."

I really did mean it. When I found out Jake couldn't make it I was pretty bummed. But Greyson was there and I actually had fun, though we talked through most of the movie and recieved glares from people. It was pretty funny.

"Heey girl." Cameron said waving at me. Zac was beside her, only he wasn't as peppy. Almost serious, and it scares me. "So (Name)," He spoke. His voice bold. "How was your date with Jake? Jake Molara." Oh now I get it. I guess he's still jealous and protective, but I don't get why he had to mention his last name. "Oh he couldn't make it. His dog got in an accident." Zac looked as if he hadn't heard a thing I said. Cam and Greyson just furrowed their eyebrows wondering about his rudeness.

"Soo my parents the family to this fancy restuarant last night..." He continued, examining a plant. I sighed, exasperated. "Zac get to the point." He gives a weird grin. "Lets get some smoothies first." Ugh.

"Okay we have our smoothies now Zac. What about the restaurant?" I said sipping my smoothie. I sat between Cam and Grey, and Zac sat across. He folded his hands and leaned his feet on the table.

"Okay. As I was saying, my parents took the family to a fancy restaurant. When I was there, I went to go flirt with this waitress, when I caught glimpse of a guy that looked similar to Jake. He was with another girl his age. But I knew you had a date with him that night, so it couldn't have been him. I took a closer look though, and saw a small scar above his head, and I knew I was wrong. It was the same scar Jake got a couple years ago during a science experiment. Yeah, I know what you're thinking. 'It could have been his cousin or something,' but he kissed her and said "You're amazing I love you.""

I sat there, speechless. So did Cam and Greyson. They just stared at me in empathy. I didn't want it to be true, but the answer was right in front of me. I let the tears run freely down my cheeks. Zac was the first one to hug me.

"I know it hurts (Name). I'm so sorry." he caressed my hair. Then the other two joined in with the hugs.

I realized something though. For all I knew Zac could be making all this up just so I would leave Jake and he would get attention. I guess I'd talk about it with Jake tomorrow at school. But it'd be hard to tell if he's telling the truth or not. Or...

"Guys, thanks. I'm just going to head home." I burst through the doors before any of them could offer to cheer me up. The thing is, I wasn't heading home.

I finally got to my destination and knocked on the door. A small woman opened it. I smiled. "Oh hello Mrs. Molara."