Chapter 35 (End)

Thank you so much for reading Reunited In Years. I love you all and had fun writing this. I hope you read my other story(ies).

...

"So what have you been up to all these years?"

"It's only been two." I reply chuckling. Then I get serious and look him in the eyes. "So you're finally back,"

He nods solemnly and pursed his lips. "Do you plan on staying?"

"Yes. Mom is married, and settled. As a matter of fact, she was looking for your mom. I'm surprised you guys haven't moved.

Anyways, I'm done with traveling and don't plan on leaving you anytime soon. Also, I want to go to college, and do music."

My face brightens when he says "don't plan on leaving you" and I nearly pounce on him, though I wonder why I just didn't. "You're staying!! Yay!! And of course, you'd be interested in music. That's why you're here." I wave my arms in the air around the home/hospital.

"So what're you doing here?" He asks. I turn my head to the direction of the kids, full-heartedly. "The same reason as you, and almost everyone else here."

"You see that little blonde doll face over there?" I point over to Lily, where she was playing with two other kids: Xavier and Cathy. "I love her. Her parents died in a car crash, and she was recently cured from Cancer."

His face contorts into sorrow and looks longingly at Lily. There's a warm pleasant feeling in my stomache as I watched her -- her eyes twinkling as she started laughing about something. I open my mouth, but close it as I grinned. "You know, it was always lonely back then, and it still is now,"

I turn to see him watching me intently, giving me his undivided attention. "And we're thinking about adopting her." I couldn't help but break into a full cheeky smile as I told him so. He repeated my actions and reached to give me a hug. "That's great! She'll be thrilled. I'm sure she always wanted an older sister. It truly is wonderful, (Name). You're wonderful."

"I'm not the only one," I say back quietly to him.

After we parted, I settled down and changed the subject back to college. "Hey Greyson, I'm going to New York University in the fall."

His eyes go wide and he stares at me in shock. "What's with all this amazing news you're telling me? Have I really missed this much? I can't believe you got into NYU!"

"Thanks! What college do you plan on going to?"

He thinks about this and shrugs. "Well I applied for Columbia University pretty late, and I still haven't gotten a reply yet." I mouth 'oh' and smile. "If you get in we'll both be in New York! We'll be close." I really hoped he got in. It'd be easier to see each other, and it's not too far from home.

I dazed off, not staring at anything as I thought about...things. Things that had just happened. Things that were going to happen.

I brought my right hand up to the neckline of my shirt, and reached for the two lockets, that have never left me.

"Together forever, eh?" I read off the one from my sixteenth birthday, smiling as the memories unconsciously flashed back into my mind.

"You still have them?" He asked, as if he were surprise. This slightly offended me as my mouth was agape. "Of course Greyson! What did you think? I would just let everything go down the drain?"

He dips his head down before looking at me. It felt forced. "I thought you would've probably gotten rid of it, after what happened."

I shake my head while looking at him sympathetically. Then a question pops into my mind. "Greyson?"