Chapter 12

"Hey there." Greyson walks in handing me a few ice packs. "Cam is heading to your locker to get the rest of your stuff so you can go home." It's just Greyson and I here right now. I put several ice packs on my arms and legs, and one on my cheek with a paper towel. I look at him. Greyson hasn't been here too long, and he's already seen me in a lot of fights and drama. My best friend is the opposite of me. No trouble from him so far.

Greyson examines my cheek with his hand. "It's okay. Doctor Greyson is here." I manage a smile. He always knew how to make me feel better, even when we were still emailing each other back then. 

He looks hard at the spot where Natalia slapped me. I wince when I moved the ice pack a bit for him to get a better look.

"Awe, did crazy Natalia slap you hard?" I shrugged. "She isn't the strongest girl in the world," I form my lips into a grim line. "But she isn't the weakest either."

I sigh. "I can't believe Natalia hates me." Greyson thinks about this for a minute. "What's not to hate about you?" I look at him, hurt. He just smiles.

"Why would anyone not hate someone as perfect and beautiful as you?" Ugh. Greyson you always know how to throw me off. I try to hide my embaressment by slumping back down on the bed.

"Stop it. I'm not perfect. You're making me blush, which causes blood to flow to my face, which is making my cheek bleed even more." We both laugh aloud, but that causes me even more pain.

The nurse walks in. "Okay sweetie you're mother will be here in a little bit. Now lets put some medicine on that cheek."

She spreads some kind of gooey antibiotic on my face. Damn. I try my best not to scream. It stings like crazy. Then she hands me a tube of it. "Take it. Those nails were sharp, and some of the polish got inside of your skin. That's not good. So this is the best thing, no matter how much it hurts." Oh you suck Natalia. I'm going to get you back too.

The nurse leaves and Greyson puts his arm around me. "It's okay. Just get over it. Revenge is never the answer." I give him an uncertain look.

"Oh who am I kidding. Revenge is going to be sweet. No one, and I mean NO ONE, talks to my best friend and hurts her like that." I smile. That's the Greyson I know. Not really. He isn't the mean type, but it's my fight not his. No need to get innocent people involved.

He gets up and kisses my good cheek. "Feel better. I'm going over after school, and then we'll talk about a plan. Or food." He winks and heads out. "Bye see ya later." I call as he leaves. When he does, Cammie takes his place.

"Here's your stuff. I got all the work from your classes too." She sets the bag next to my leg. I love her. She's the best friend anyone could have.

"Are you okay? Does it hurt a lot?" She asks while lying down next to me, her head gently resting on my shoulder. I ignore the question, and the pain.

"The question is, are you okay?" She doesn't need to answer for me to know her answer. She just starts crying on my shoulder. I let her tears flow freely and hug her. I didn't need to say anything. 'Actions speak louder than words.'

She just mumbled a few phrases every now and then. 'She was my best friend.' 'How could she be so careless?' 'She's not who I thought she was. I trusted her.' I reply at the last one.

"We can't trust anyone these days. People aren't who we think they are anymore." I start crying a bit myself. This has not been only tough for me, but even my best friends. They had to see me suffer. They saw me go through pain, and that hurt them too.

Jake was the guy Cammie had been crushing on for a while. He was a great friend of mine too. Turns out he was a lying jerk. Even worse probably. Natalia was her best friend. They were close, and now we figure out she was a stupid, lying, hypocrite that lacks too much attention and turned into a nut job. The two people who both betrayed us, are now working together. This must be killing Cam. She must feel guilty that the two people she admired, were both horrible.

Oh how wonderful...