Chapter 24

Recap:

Some kind of explosion-like sound interrupted Cammie. Everyone in the whole gymnasium silenced. The three friends, terrified, were thinking of the possible senerios in their heads. Before the chaperones could tell the students anything, Greyson burst out of the gym doors. Cam kicked her heals off, and she and Zack tried to keep up with him, running like their lives depended on it.

~~~*Greyson's Point Of View*~~~

What was that explosion? Was it an explosion? I can't help but feel it was. Now I was just running around the school, searching for where it came from. I couldn't help but feel something was terribly wrong.

Please please please tell me (Name) is not involved with this. Please tell me she's at home or somewhere safe.

Something in my gut told me I was wrong. That she's not at home. That she's not safe.

Doing a double take, still looking for where the explosion came from, I put the pieces together in my head.

Explosion. (Name)'s missing. That's all I've got, and I had no choice but to just face the fact she's probably hurt right now.

"EVERYBODY OUT OF THE BUILDING. STAY OUTSIDE. WE'LL EXPECT THE BUILDING TO SEE WHAT HAPPENED. NOTHING TO SEE HERE. PROBABLY JUST SOME IDIOT PULLING A PRANK." I heard one of the chaperones yelling.

I searched frantically, still running, but not out of the building. Cam and Zack following  hot on my heels.

 Then I came to a sudden stop. I scrunched up my face at the smell of smoke. Following the scent, I ended up seeing some smoke seeping through the janitor's room.

I ran to the door, unlocked it, and turned the handle. Letting out a small yelp, I jerked back, soothing my burning hand. It was burning hot. Letting out a low grunt, I took my jacket off using it like you would use an oven mitt.

Openning it just a crack, I was engulfed with heat and more smoke, causing me to choke. I shut it again. I took a deep sigh. Is she in there?

Turning to the wall on my left, I opened a compartment containing a fire exstinguisher. Grasping it under my arms, I saw Cam and Zack had finally showed up, both having terrified looks on their faces.

Gesturing them to the door, I reopened it spraying the foamy substance right away, making a small path for us to get in. Then my face paled when I spotted (Name)'s heels. Before I could say anything smoke blurred our visions and I pressed the knozzle again on the exstinguisher. And then I saw her.

"(NAME)!!" Cammie let out a screech in horror. Tears started running down her face.

(Name) was piled under some stuff, lying very still. I looked around the room, there was small fires scattered all around, and one extreme one near the end of the room.

Coughing out smoke and pressing the knozzle again, I realized nothing came out. One of the worst happened. It ran out.

"Greyson-" Zack said before letting out a series of giant coughs. He was about to continue when he was interrupted by a man's voice, shouting at us. It was one of our teachers, Mr. Erickson.

"ARE YOU KIDS CRAZY?!?! GET OUT OF THERE!!" Then he noticed (name), his eyes filled with panick. "GO GUYS GET OUT AND CALL THE POLICE. IT'S DANGEROUS WE HAVE TO GO. THE FIREFIGHTERS WILL DO THEIR JOBS."

"THEY'RE NOT GOING TO MAKE IT ON TIME!!" Zack shouted, having a bit trouble getting his words out. "IF WE DON'T GET HER OUT NOW (NAME) IS GOING TO DIE." Before he could say anything else, Cammie fainted, smoke spreading all over the place.

"CAMMIE!!" All of us shouted simultaneously. There she lie on the ground, unconcious.  I took a step forward, but than stopped, swaying back and forth, feeling a little dizzy. It was the same for Zack. I've really just had it. I was frustrated now.

We both ran over to (Name), crouching down, and uncovering her. While we were doing this, Mr. Erickson was doing a bad job at trying to wake Cammie. I have a feeling she inhaled too much of the smoke, and because of when Zack said (Name) was going to die if we didnt get her out on time. Just thinking of that, my adrenaline started pumping even harder. Finally uncovering her, I grabbed her and slung her over my shoulder, using the wall for support. I was really losing my energy now, I could barely stand.

"GUYS WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!!! NOW!!" Mr. Erickson yelled, hacking crazily. We all reached our limits. We needed fresh air. NOW. Zack picked Cammie up, bridal style and nodded towards the door. I don't think he could talk any more.

Hearing a loud roar from the fires, we took one last glance before bursting out. I swiftly ran down the stairs, being careful of (Name). I finally let the tears that were holding back, out.

(Name)'s life lies in my hands.

***

Finally. I have never been so happy getting outdoors before. I really couldn't run anymore, and I nearly just collapsed on the sidewalk. I take a few more steps over to the grass, but I just couldn't. My butt found itself on the middle of the parking lot. I really didn't care. Neither did Zack, because he placed Cammie gently on the side of him, and inhaled deeply for fresh air.

I saw the students all around, full of fear. The dance is over. There's really nothing left.

I placed (name)'s head on my lap, just not knowing what to do. We had to wait for the ambulance to come.

She was so pale, covered in sweat and dirt. My cheeks were tearstained, and looking at Zack, it was the same with him.

I hugged her, carressing her cheek.

Still holding onto her tightly, I absorbed her sent like this might be the last time I got to see and hold her. She smelled so nice. I hope she makes this. I know she can make this.

My head started pounding. I felt whoozy. Out of my peripheral vision, I saw Zack pass out.

Horror crept upon me. "Zack." I choked out, because I really couldn't speak.

I hugged (Name) tighter for dear life. And that's when I heard it. Sobbing. I pulled away slightly and saw (Name) crying, her eyes crystal clear in the dark. I was happy she was awake, but my heart sank.

"Are you ok (name)?" I barely whispered. She just cried harder and pulled me close.

"I'm scared Greyson," She sobbed into my white shirt. I remembered I had left my jacket back in the building. I dont care. I rubbed her back gently, feeling like she would turn into dust if I wasn't careful.

"P-Please d-don't ever l-leave me Greyson. Ever. A-And I'm not j-just talking about now." She choked out. I was a little surprised by her words, and the tears sprang out again. I nodded, replying "I won't."

"Promise me Greyson."

I squeezed her tight, closing my eyes, feeling lightheaded.

"I promise." Were my last words. There was no reply from either of us.

We had both finally fell unconcious.

*********

Author's Note: This was a really intense chapter to write. Damn. Well I hope you enjoyed it, but I'm not sure since literally everybody's unconcious and all. You know what I mean though.