Chapter 33

Second to last chapter. Oh my :0

***

"I'm home mom." I say not even bothering to shout like I used to.

There was no sign of her, and that was normal. She didn't take Greyson and his mom leaving too well either. We cried for days together, hugging and passing each other tissues. It was hard to get back on our feet, but we had to let go.

School had been in session for a couple weeks now, and it was boring. I was different.

I barely talked anymore, or did much. My happy moods were rare, and you could pretty much say I was in some sort of depression.

Everyday was the same thing now; wake up, go to school, go home. Zac and Cammie tried to get me out of the house, and succeeded a few times, but I still didn't get around often now. It just wasn't right. Things were hard, and I wasn't ready.

I trudged up the stairs to my room and lie down on my bed.

He's really gone, I thought. He was always on my mind no matter what, and that made me feel more empty. A part of me has been taken away. Things were lonely. Dad still wasn't around much either -- Still on trips, but he called often and I was appreciative of that.

A sudden knock on my door made me lift my head up.

"Hey Cammie." She smiled a made her way over to my bed, and stood. Then she handed me a white envelope.

"I found this in your mailbox." Cammie gave my hand a reasurring squeeze and left.

The envelope had my name and address on it, which was weird to see, since I didn't actually get mail. I opened it and took a piece of loose leaf paper out. It read:

'Hey (name),

I know you're probably still mad at me, and you might never forgive me, but I need you to know something important. I never cheated on you. Never. I lied and I'm sorry. I figured if you were mad at me and hated me, it would be easier to let go. But seeing your reaction after I told you crushed me. I carried so much guilt.

And again, I swear on my life that I NEVER cheated. You meant too much for me to do that. You're on my mind 24/7. I wish I could wake you up in the morning with '"Good morning beautiful"s and tuck you in at night, wishing you sweet dreams.

I miss you. I love you.

~G'

I read it over and over again until I memorized the whole thing -- every single punctuation. Then I grabbed the envelope and searched it. No return address.

I shed the tears that brimmed my eyes and hugged the piece of paper to my chest.

I knew he was telling the truth. That look of sorrow on his face wasn't because he cheated; he felt bad that he had to lie to me, just so I would let him go.

Thinking about everything, I finally conclude that I'm a heartless b*tch.

Why couldn't I just understand then? I understand now but it's too late. I lost my best friend because of my selfishness.

He's not the one who should be sorry, I thought. I am. I should've just delt with it. I should've put myself in his shoes, and supported him, not bash him. And because of that, instead of my last words to my best friend being "Goodbye Greyson. I'll miss you so much, I love you." it ends up as "You know what? Maybe it's a good thing you're leaving. Then I'd never have to see you again."

My harsh words echoed in my head, and I started sobbing. I regretted them so much, even before this. I wish I could apologize to him. Knowing that it was me who hurt him made me feel awful. If only there was a way to go back in time.

I picked up the two chains around my neck -- which I wore every single day -- and looked at the pictures in both of them. I squeezed them in my fist until my knuckles were white. They were pretty much all I had left of him.

They were my treasures. They contained all the memories and fun. And the new locket will always remind me of this year; the year he came back. The year of my sixteenth birthday. The year he left, the year of everything.

It held so much.

Then something clicked in me. I wiped the tears as best I could and sat up straight. I couldn't be lying around crying my guts out like this forever. No. Greyson wouldn't want that. I still had a long life to live.

What happened a few weeks ago happened, and I couldn't change that. You can't change the past, but the past can change you. Learn from your mistakes.

It was time for me to grow up. It was time for me to move on. If I kept acting like this, it would be added to the things I'd regret later on.

I'm going to live the rest of my life, without worry and sorrow.

Sure, Greyson can travel the world, stay in hotels and be in amazing places all he wants, but there's truly only one home for him; my heart.

Taking one last look at the envelope before I stuffed it away, I said aloud the three words as if he were here right now. My voice came out strong, and heartfelt.

"I love you."

****

READ MESSAGE!!

ONLY ONE MORE CHAPTER!! Tear :'(. I would like to say thanks to everyone who read, and the fans. There are some of you that have been with me since the first time this story started. Even some have been there since "Found (The fictional story of Greyson Chance)!!!! It's truly amazing. THANK YOU SO MUCH. YOU'RE AMAZING!!

Fan reading this right now: Psh yeah I know i'm amazing

xKikirulez: Pfft whatever. Wow you're soo modest -_-

LOL. So my stories I'm posting after this one are not fan fics. They're romance though and I hope you check those out. "Break or Heal" That one is called. <3