Chapter 28

Recap:

"I taste good." I state, licking my wrist. "You are sooo gross." Cammie says making a face. I give her an Oh-Really? look and lick her arm. "EWWWWWW SHE LICKED MEEEEE!!!" I smirk and stick out my tongue.

"Are you guys done killing each other?" I look up to see two moms grinning. I give an exaggerated sigh. "I suppose we could sign a peace treaty."

***

"What's next on today's agenda?" I ask wiping whipped cream off my face with a damp towel. "Well we can cross out the unplanned whipped cream war off our nonexistent list." Mom replies while cleaning the island in the kitchen.

"Oh my god it's already past ten o' clock." Cammie walks over putting an arm around my shoulder. "It's time to go shopping for your party."

"Party?"

Zack gives me an incredulous look. "You didn't think we'd let your birthday pass without a party did you? Silly, silly (Name)." He shrivels my hair like I was a confused child.

"Well I thought this was our party." Greyson stood beside me shaking his head back and forth. He sighs. "Your brain must still be messed up. This is only breakfast duh. There's more that awaits. We will make sure this is the best birthday you've ever had, until next year."

"Le's head to the mall. (Name) get your butt moving." Zack grabs his car keys and heads out the door. I cross my arms over my chest. "I don't need to buy anything. I have clothes to wear already. I've got everything I need."

"(Name) Get out here we are going and that is the end of our conversation." I shake my head. "NO. C'MON LETS HANG AROUND. IT IS MY BIRTHDAY YOU KNOW." Greyson gives a noticeable groan. "Such a stubborn child." Cammie chuckles.

I roll my eyes, but then I feel hands around my waist and I'm flipped upside down. "Guess we have to do this the fun way." Greyson heads out the door towards Zack's car. "WHAT THE HECK GREYSON PUT ME DOWN." I pound on his back but that doesn't do anything. I see Cam trailing behind Greyson, smirking at me. Evil.

"HELP I'M BEING KIDNAPPED!!!" I feel Greyson laughing and gripping me tighter by my thighs. "It doesn't exactly count as kidnapping since your mom saw me leave with you. What you don't want your boyfriend carrying you? Most girls would kill for this." I fell silent. I forgot all about this. He was my boyfriend. Flashbacks popped into my mind, back to the night of the dance, and a big smiled formed on my face. Butterflies erupted in my stomach and my face flushed. Greyson was my boyfriend.

Greyson put me right side up, and I nearly lost my balance. His hands shot around my waist, keeping me steady. "You alright?" I smiled up at him and nodded. Then we climbed in the backseat of Zack's car. Cammie sat in the front next to him, and he turned to look at me. "It's about time. The birthday girl is very uncooperative."

"Whatever. To the mall we go."

***

"She says she has all the clothes she needs yet here we are carrying 21 filled shopping bags for her."

"Zack, a girl's got to shop. No matter how much clothes we have." Cammie and I had skipped throughout the whole mall, stopping by every store, with Zack and Greyson trudging behind with all the other things we bought.

"Hey, and some of the bags are mine too you know." Cammie countered. We had been shopping for over three hours, and spent forty-five minutes in the food court. While in the food court though, the two boys said they needed to go to the bathroom when actually they were trying to leave the mall without us. Tsk, tsk tsk, boys these days.

"Let's head home. It's already past two, and we're all supposed to get ready for (Name)'s party. Greyson and I are also tired of telling you two crazies "No those pants do not make your butt look big."" Zack said flatly, trying to push the doors open to get to the parking lot. I rolled my eyes, and held the door for him.