Re-Gay

===Conner===

Justin and I have been friends since 5th grade. When he came out of the closet, I was totally accepting. But the thing is, well, he's never been able to hold on to a relationship for more than two months. He's a great friend, but he is a horrible flirt. And a little uncensored.

For example: as we were driving home, with Chase asleep in the backseat, he said,

"Wow. He's hotter in real life."

"Hmm," I replied.

"Man, I just wanna..."

*KSPM WEATHER ALERT: PLEASE BE ON THE LOOKOUT IF YOU ARE GOING OUTDOORS IN THE AREA OF THE TWIN CITIES AND BLOOMINGTON. SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS HAVE BEEN REPORTED ABOUT 5 MILES SOUTH-EAST OF SAINT CLOUD, AND THEY ARE HEADED THIS WAY.*

"...like a dog," he finished. See what I mean?

"Justin! Oh my God! Never say that to anyone ever!"

He was silent!

"Oh my God, you've said that to someone!"

"Oh, please, Conner! Like you haven't done anything stupid!"

"Because I haven't!"

"Cinco de Mayo, 2015."

"I'll shut up now."

Chase woke up.

"Are we almost there?" He asked sleepily.

"Don't worry," I said. "the house is two blocks away."

"Whoa, whoa. House?"

"Yeah, Justin figured that an apartment would be too small, and they're just so cliche, you know?"

He raised his eyebrow.

"Fine. You had to find out sooner or later," Justin groaned. "We're divorcees with full custody of our kids, and the house was Connor after his divorce."

Chase sat up straight. "Uh, Kids?"

"Yeah, is that a problem?"

"I'm sorry, I'm just not good with kids. Why didn't you tell me you guys had kids?"

"I know, and we're sorry, but you needed a place to stay, and the apartments here in Saint Paul are being filled faster than ever!"

"Fine, as long as I have my own room."

"Don't worry, we'll clear out the basement. But don't worry, the basement isn't that bad."

"Fine. So, you guys are divorced?"

"Yeah."

"What happened?"

"Well, for Conner, it was money problems, and for me, it's because I'm gay."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Hey Justin," I said. "Tell him how she found out."

He glared at me.

"Yeah, tell me," said Chase, interested.

"Fine," Justin said through his teeth. "I married a woman, because my parents are conservative, and they'd freak out if they found out I was gay."

"Like they did after this happened," I chuckled.

"Shut up. Anyway, the only person who knew I was gay was my longtime best friend..."

"...and crush."

"Who's telling the story? Anyway, only Conner knew. And, see, I had a crush on Conner from the start, but it started snowballing after puberty. So, one night, 3 years into our marriage, Kendra and I were doing that thing that married couples do..."

"Oh, God. I see were this is is going," Chase.

"...and Kendra called 'Oh, Justin,' and I shouted... 'Oh, Conner.'"

Chase and I cracked up.

"Okay, here's the house. Need help with your bags?" Justin said, as he hopped out quickly.

Chase, my friend, welcome to our little group.