Re-Turkey

===Chase===
Kate and I have gotten over our one-night-stand, and everything's back to normal.
Until the night before Thanksgiving. Everyone had to cancel their plans, and stay at Conner and Justin's for the weekend. Why? Let our friend the Radio Announcer tell you:

*KSPM WEATHER ALERT: CANCEL YOUR TURKEY DAY PLANS, FOLKS. THERE IS A FREAK BLIZZARD HEAD TO THE METRO AREA, AND ALL HIGHWAYS, INTERSTATES, AND MINNEAPOLIS-SAINT PAUL INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT ARE CLOSED. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT GOING OUTSIDE.*

And since we were having movie night at Conner and Justin's when we heard this, so we were stuck here.

"Well," I said to Justin as I hung up my cell phone. "It's final. I just told my family I'm not going home to Oregon for Thanksgiving."

"How'd they take it?"

"Bad," I sighed as I plopped onto the couch. "So, what about you? Was your family planning something big for Turkey Day?"

"No. My parents and sister don't celebrate Thanksgiving, and the rest of my family lives in South Korea."

"Oh. Wait, you have a sister?"

"Yeah."

"Why don't you talk about her?"

He sighed. "We just never got along. I don't know why."

"Hmm. That's too bad. So then, what do you usually do for Thanksgiving?"

"I usually celebrate with Conner's family. Of course, they're not coming here this year, what with all the snow."

Then, Conner came in.

"Looks like it's the 12 of us for Thanksgiving." he said.

Angie and Kate came in.

"Is Jean still talking to her mom?" Justin said.

"Yeah," said Angie. "I swear, her mother could talk forever."

===Jean===

After a 30-minute phone call with my mom, I finally hung up, and went into the kitchen, where Conner was turning preheating the oven for the turkey.

"Hey." I said.

"So you're the one who told the kids to set me and Justin up?"

"What?"

"Well let me tell you something. I'm straight, Justin's gay, and we set up a double-blind date for us next week on friday night. So joke's. On. You."

He left.

Wow. He's become a little loopy since he and Justin figured out what the kids were doing. Damn you, Chase, for planting that seed in their minds.

===Chase===

All of a sudden, it was time Thanksgiving Dinner. As the kids sat around their table, and us adults sat around the other table, My eyes almost popped out of his head.

"WOW! This is a huge meal!"

"Hemingway family Thanksgiving tradition." Conner said.

"My God! How are you not fat?"

"Because the other traditions are football and 'feats of strength.'"

"Ah."

Eventually, dinner was over, and we were watching the Turkey Bowl in the living room. However, Kate and I were the only ones who didn't fall asleep.

Not awkward at all.

"Ok!" Kate said. "Let's face it, we're both thinking about the same thing!"

"I know! It's been all over my mind since Halloween."

"What do we do?"

I sighed.

"I don't know."

A few minutes of awkward silence followed this.

Then all of a sudden...

*KSPM WEATHER ALERT: THE BLIZZARD WILL MOST LIKELY NOT STOP UNTIL SATURDAY, SO ALL BLACK FRIDAY SALES ARE CANCELLED. INSTEAD, YOU'LL HAVE TO SPEND THE DAY INSIDE, ACTING LIKE CIVILIZED HUMAN BEINGS.*

===The Next Morning===

Oh, God, we did it again.