Re-Hanukkah

===Chase===
I was headed home for Hanukkah. Back to my hometown of Seaside, Oregon. My parents were excited to see me.
"Chase!" My mom greeted as I walked into a house packed wall-to-wall with relatives.
"Hi, mom. Where's dad?"
"In the garage with Keith."
I didn't have any siblings, but my cousin Keith lived with us since his parents died, so he was like a brother to me.
I talked to mom for a bit, before scooting through a sea of relatives shouting "When will you get married? When will you get married?"
When I find the right girl! Stop asking! (No, I didn't say that out loud.)
I finally got to the garage, where my dad and Keith were having beer and watching football.
"Hey, guys."
"Chase!" Said dad. "Come over here to daddy!"
"That's enough for you," said Keith, taking the can out of my dad's hand.
"Hey, grease monkey," I said.
"Hey, hair gel," said Keith.
"What's new here?"
"The biggest news is still about you ditching Hollywood to live in Minnesota."
"Speaking of which, there's something I wanted to talk to you about."
I pulled him into the side room so dad could sleep off his numerous beers.
"It's about that girl Kate isn't it?" He asked.
"How did you know?"
"You talked about her over the phone for 45 minutes the night you two first... you know."
"Oh good Lord, Keith. You're 31. You can say sex."
"Look. That's not important. The important thing is: how do you feel?"
That was a tough question. Kate is a friend, but after everything that's happened, I don't know what to think.
"I'm going to need to think about that for a while."
"Well, take your time. This is a big decision."

===Angie===
Kate, Jean, and I were having lunch at Lucy's, when a blonde-haired, blue-eyed man came in.
"Oh God," I said. "It's Danny."
"Oh yeah. We never asked how that breakup went," said Kate.
He walked in our direction, and I immediately hid under the table.
"Hey, Kate. Hey, Jean," Danny greeted.
"Hey," they both replied.
As he walked away, I slowly slid back out from under the table.
"I'm going out on a limb here, but I don't think that breakup went well," said Jean.
"I need to get going," I said, picking up my purse.
I walked toward the door.
"Angie?" Danny called.
Now I'm running.
I'm running so fast.
Even I surprised myself when I cleared that booth.
I drove away, and didn't look back. I cannot confront Danny today.

===Jean===
"Wait a minute," I said to Kate. "Angie's our ride."