Re-Truth

===Conner===
Justin is feeling completely better. But he has been acting weird.
Me: "All right, Justin. What's going on?"
We were doing laundry... or I was. He was sitting on the dryer trembling, and spilling the box of soap he was holding.
Justin: "Okay, but you have to know, I feel really guilty about it."
Me: "What did you do?"
Justin: "Last week, Chase was putting ointment on my chest, and I fell asleep as he was doing so. When I did, I..."
Me: "Wait, that's it? Justin, it's okay to fantasize. It's healthy. As long as you don't cheat in real life."
Justin: "Are you mad?"
Conner: "If I was mad, would I do this?"
*KSPM WEATHER ALERT: EXPECT A TON OF RAIN IN THE AREA. THERE MAY EVEN BE HAIL, THUNDER, AND LIGHTNING.*
Justin: "Okay. I guess you're not mad!"

===Seven Weeks Later===
===Chase===
Me: "My contract for the spring quarter is over tomorrow."
Lucy: "Are you thinking of heading back?"
Lucy was dropping off our orders at our table.
Me: "No. I think I'll take up some local acting jobs. Teaching just isn't my thing."
Danny: "Careful, I've heard acting jobs in the Twin Cities are really competitive."
Lucy: "I think you'll make it, Chandler."
She walked away.
Me: "Lucy, it's Ch... oh, whatever."
Justin: "So are thinking shows, movies, plays, or news?"
Me: "Maybe I'll just do some local commercials first to get my image back out there."
Kate: "Do you really need that? Surf and Turf  was really popular."
Me: "That was my only successful project, and it went to the sewers after nine months."
Conner: "Really? Nothing else?"
Me: "Gee, you're right! Golly, I never thought about my minor role on Rabid Kid, my cameo appearance on Bronze Man, my five lines in a 2013 episode of Tuesday Night Hijinks, and a zit cream commercial from when I was 12 will rocket me back up the ladder!"
Angie: "Woo! A little snippy today, are we?"
Me: "Sorry. My students are driving me nuts."

===Three Weeks Later===
Me: "Justin! Conner! I have some exciting-WHOA! I'll tell you later!"

===Twelve Minutes Later===
Justin and Conner finally came back down to the kitchen.
Conner: "What's up?"
Me: "Those commercials I've been doing got me a part in Blogert, a comedy movie they're filming in Chicago."
Justin: "Wow! How long will you be gone?"
Me: "6 months, with 14 vacation days so I can visit you guys periodically. I leave July 5th."
Justin: "Uh, wow, Chase. That is short notice. What are you going to tell Kate?"
Me: "I guess I'll try to tell her the next time the six of us are together. I haven't told Danny or Angie, either, and besides, I's rather tell her while we're with other people, because lately when we're alone, we tend to fight."

===Meanwhile, at Lucy's===
===Kate===
Danny: "Good idea. But he'll still be a little stressed because you leave in just little over a month."
Me: "I know! But this is my first big case! This case will determine my future as an attorney."
Angie: "So what is the case again?"
Me: "Sorry. Attorney-client privilege."
Angie: "Is it the plagarism case involving that retail store in Minneapolis that copied the slogan of a department store in Fargo?"
Me: "How did you know that?"
Danny: "It was on the news. Your firm is representing the Minneapolis store."
Me: "MAN, news travels fast."
Angie: "Well, you need to tell him sooner or later."

===To Be Continued===