Rewind

===Chase===

"You guys slept together?!" Conner and Justin said after I told them why I didn't get home last night.

"Yeah," I said.

"Wow," said Conner. "What does this mean?"

"I don't know. I mean, I'm still trying to get over Stella leaving me after my show was cancelled, but I never thought I'd have sex with someone I barely know! I still don't even know Kate's last name!"

"Worricker."

"Of course I worked her! That's exactly what we're talking about!"

"No, that's not what I... never mind."

"You had a lot of candy and drinks at he party," said Justin. "Why don't you take a nap and clear your head out?"

"You're right. Let me just think this over."

===Kate===

"So how did this happen?" Jean asked me at Lucy's.

"Well, I guess it started while we were slow dancing at the party..."

"...And you kissed him?" Angie asked.

"Actually, he kissed me."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Anyway, then we saw you guys, and pretended nothing happened. But after a few drinks and candy bars, we got stupid, left you guys at the bar without saying goodbye, rode a cab back to my apartment, and you know the rest of the story."

"Wow. What does this mean?"

"I have no clue."

===Conner===

We had finished dinner. Chase was back in his room, trying to piece together last night, and the kids were upstairs, watching a movie.

I was coming out of the laundry room, and Justin was putting away dishes.

I don't know why, but I was suddenly drawn to him, and I walked over, put my arms around him, and started kissing his neck.
He turned around, and started kissing me back. Pretty soon, he had his legs around my torso, and I was carrying him up to my room, when...

...when I woke up, panting and sweating.

This is definitly new.

The next morning, me and Justin were driving to work, when we passed our old high school.

"Hey," said Justin. "Remember senior prom?"
"Yeah, why?"
"...and how when our dates stood us up, and we ended up being each other's date."
"Yeah. That was fun."
He sighed.
"Look, there's something you need to know."
"What?"
"We never had dates."
I slammed the brakes.
"What?"
"You wanted me to set us up, but that was around the time my crush on you peaked, so I took advantage of the situation."
"Oh my God."
"Are you mad?"
"No. I just... don't understand why you waited 12 years to tell me this!"
"At first I was hoping you wouldn't find out, and then I forgot about it, but today you're taking a different route to work, and seeing the school reminded me."
"Why didn't you tell me after our 10th reunion?"
"Because you were getting divorced, and I didn't want to get you more stressed."
"Oh."
We drove in silence for another five minutes.
"Anything else you're hiding from me?" I asked calmly.
He paused.
"I watched the last episode of 'Angie Tribeca' before you did."
"Oh come on!"
We cracked up.
God, Justin's such a great friend. I wish I understood how I felt about him, though.