Chapter 18: Partners?! (Edited)

Elsa's POV:

I made my way to North's office. I kept on wondering why he'd called for me. I opened the door, and went inside. In there was North, sitting on his chair and Jack, leaning against the wall.

North looked at me and said, "Huh, Elsa come," I walked nervously to North. Okay I know that I've never gotten nervous while I'm with North, but the fact that Jack is leaning at the side of the wall while giving me this weird smile as really made me nervous.

"Why have you called me here?" I asked as I sat down on the brown furniture that was at the left side of the wall, a few meters away from the North's desk.

"Well I called you here because you are going to assist Jack, because he is going to be the councillor."

My eyes widen, "Say what now?"
I cleaned my ears to checked if I've heard him right.

"Yes you're going to assist him," North said to me once again. I seriously can't believe it, this morning I was forced to deliver his breakfast and now I was going to be forced to assist him; wait a minute, what about the other councilors?

"Why me? Why can't the others assist him?" North smiled and glanced at Jack, okay what is going on?

"Well is simple, he is the councillor of the Musical artist, your the councillor of the songwriters so I think you twos will go good together."

What? What? Go good together? I can feel my cheeks heat up, no no no I can't be blushing.
North saw the look on my face and laughed, huh I bet he is enjoying this.

"Elsa, I didn't mean it like that," he stopped laughing. "What I meant was that your a songwriter so you have to help him, he'll make the music and you'll write the songs; so in fact, you twos would be partners." Partners? I had to be partners with him for the entire summer? Oh come on, can't a girl enjoy her summer or something? I sent a glance at Jack, he was smirking for some reason. Wait a minute, I think I kinda missed something.

"Huh North? By any chance, did he tell you to make us partners?"

North looked at Jack, then back to me, he grinned, "Yes." What?! Why?! Huh I felt like screaming.
"OK so-" I cut him out.

"North, sorry to say this but I don't want to be partners with him." North looked at me shocked.

"Why not?" asked Jack for the first time he was in here. "Don't tell me you're afraid of me."

"Afraid?! Why would I be afraid of you?" I glared at him.

"How would I know, you tell me," he said smirking.

"Maybe it's because I don't wanna spend my summer with an arrogant prince," I argued back.

"If I'm an arrogant prince then you're stubborn little girl who can't do a simple thing." Huh little? How dare him.

"Listen here old man," I got up from the furniture.

"Elsa, I'm a middle aged man, you're hurting my feelings." North touched his chest, pretending to be hurt.

"Not you North, I was talking to him," I pointed to Jack who was frowning.

"How am I old?" Jack asked as he glared at me.

"Because you have white hair," I folded my arms and smirked.

"Well North and I aren't the only ones who has white hair in this room," I raised one of my eyebrows, Jack smirked, "You have white hair, that means you're also an old woman."

My eyes widened and I held my hair, "No I'm not!"

"Yes you are!"

"No I'm not!"