Chapter 12

Recap from Chapter 11:

Tris' P.O.V

We continued Candor or dauntless until it was 12 am. The gang decided to stay for the night so we all slept in the lounge room.
I try and try to get to sleep but I can't. I decide to just give up. My eyes close, bored of staring up at the plain sealing.
The buzzing of someone's phone starts and I groan quietly. Someone quickly gets up and answers the phone in a rush of panic.
I get off the ground and follow the person, discovering it's Tobias.
"Hello Sir."  He answers, his voice shaking.
"I'm at a friends house, Sir." Who's sir?
"Yes, I know the rules."  Tobias' face goes pale. Suddenly, the person on the other end starts yelling. Allowing me to hear what he's saying.
"You do not break the rules you sneaky bastard!" The voice yells angrily.
"I'm sorry Sir." Tobias tries to stay calm.
"You know what's coming for you when you get home." The person on the other end hangs up and Tobias turns around.
His eyes widen as he sees me.

To the actual chapter......

Tris' P.O.V

Tobias visibly gulps as he looks into my eyes. He opens his mouth like he wants to talk but can't.
"Tobias." I say slowly, "Are you okay?"
Oh my god! That was like the worst thing to say in this situation. I mentally face palm.
"I'm fine. You should go back to sleep." He smiles but it doesn't reach his eyes.
"No. What just happened?" I think back to the phone conversation. The voice was a little familiar.
"Nothing. I'm fine. Everything is fine." Tobias is definitely not 'fine'.
"Tobias let's go talk in my room."
"Are you hinting at something?" He chuckles nervously. I roll my eyes and continue walking up the stairs, into my room.
The voice. The evil voice. I've heard it once but I know exactly who it belongs to.
"Marcus." The word slips out of my mouth and Tobias instantly freezes.
"Tobias, tell me what's happening." I say sternly.

Tobias P.O.V

This can't be happening right now! She heard him. I can't tell her the truth. I will not take the chance on her getting hurt as well.
"Tobias, tell me what's happening." Tris says sternly.
"I can't." My voice is hoarse. I swallow the lump in my throat.
"You have to. We aren't leaving until you tell me." God she's stubborn.
"I, I don't know how to start."
"Ever since I can remember, my 'father' has beaten me. It started before my mother died. She would always try and protect me, one night Marcus came home more drunk then usual and she nearly died. A week from that night she was dead. I don't know how but she died. Since then the beatings have gotten worse. Every night and time I do something wrong he beats me with his belt." I slowly turn around and lift my shirt, showing all my scars that blemish my back. Tris gasps and lightly touches one of my old scars, making a shiver run up my spine.
"That's what he was talking about on the phone. I broke one of his rules and now I'm going to get punished." I turn back around as I finish explaining and look at Tris.
"Why aren't you looking at me like I'm a kicked puppy?"
"Because.... you're not." I wrap my arms around her and rest my head in her neck.
"Thank you." I mumble as she returns the gesture by wrapping her arms around my torso.
After a while, just staying in that position, we both get tired and lay down in Tris' bed. Soon she's asleep and I soon follow.

****

"Good morning!!"  A loud voice yells. I groan and realise Tris' head is resting on my chest. Slowly, I open my eyes and see the gang all by Tris' door.
"What happened here?" Zeke and Uriah question accusingly. Suddenly Tris rolls over, covering my body with hers. How is she still asleep? 
"Tris." I shake her slightly. Her eyes opens, she screams and jumps off me, kicking me in my manhood. A groan escapes my lips as I hunch over. The gang start laughing as Tris looks around the room confused.
"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" Tris says as she sees me.
"Again, I will ask. What happened here?" Zeke asks again.
"We couldn't sleep downstairs so we came up here and ended up falling asleep. Nothing happened." Tris explains. I sigh in relief.
"Well it's Sunday so we're going to that new pancake place for breakfast and then just going to watch Netflix for the rest of the day." Shauna explains.
"Now get your asses up and dressed. I'm hungry!!" Uriah yells and the gang go running back downstairs. Tris and I get up, stretching our limbs.
"Thank you for not telling them. I don't want anyone else to know."
"Your welcome. I won't tell anyone." She gives me a warm smile.
"I'm gonna get some clothes." I quickly climb through Tris' window and into my bedroom. As quietly as I can, I get dressed in the bathroom and climb back through my window into Tris' bedroom.
The sound of the shower tells me Tris is in the bathroom so I head downstairs to the gang.
"Hey guys. Whatcha doing?" I ask and sit down in the circle.
"Candor or Dauntless." Christina answers.
"Tris isn't gonna be happy that you're playing without her." I say with a smirk.
"That's what I said!!" Uriah yells.
Tris comes downstairs in a white muscle tee with the word 'babes', black ripped jeans and white converse. Her hairs in one braid and a white crystal necklace is around her neck. God, she's so beautiful.

Tris' Outfit. ⬇️⬇

"Who's ready for pancakes?!" She yells and runs to the door, collecting her keys on the way

"Who's ready for pancakes?!" She yells and runs to the door, collecting her keys on the way. The gang and I follow her outside, half of us jump into her Rang Rover while the others go in Chris' car. Zeke directs Tris while she's driving and soon we arrive at 'The Pancake Hut'. We race inside and get seats at a large booth. Immediately we start looking at the menus.
Soon a waiter comes over and we all order.

Their orders (just to make your mouths water):

Tobias - Devils Delight (chocolate pancakes with strawberries, cream, chocolate ice cream and drizzled with chocolate sauce).

Tris - Devonshire Pancakes (Four mini buttermilk pancakes with strawberry jam and cream).

Uriah - Hot 'N' Troppo (Buttermilk pancakes with grilled banana, walnuts, cream, chocolate ice cream and homemade chocolate sauce).

Zeke - Coco Berry (Chocolate Pancakes with coconut, cream, vanilla ice cream topped with chocolate sauce and raspberry coulis).

Shauna - Blueberry Heaven (Buttermilk pancakes with blueberries in sauce served with cream and vanilla ice cream).

Marlene - Jaffa Orange (Orange segments in Grand Mariner sauce aside chocolate pancakes with cream and vanilla ice cream. Topped with chocolate sauce and chocolate chips).

Lynn - Lemontyne (Buttermilk pancakes with lemon wedges, sugar crystals, cream and vanilla ice cream).

Will -  Black Forrest Cherry (chocolate pancakes with cherries in cherry brandy sauce. Finished with cream, chocolate ice cream and and a sprinkling of chocolate chips. Drizzled with chocolate sauce).

Christina- Strawberry Patch (Buttermilk pancakes with fresh strawberries, cream, vanilla ice cream and strawberry coulis).

We get our pancakes everyone starts eating.
"So good." Uriah moans with his mouth full of food.
"Gross Uri! We're trying to eat!!" Tris tells him. My pancakes are soo good, just as Uriah said.
Once we're finished, we head back to the Pedrad house.
"Hey guys, sorry but I've gotta go." I tell them. They say their good byes but Tris stays.
"You can't go home Tobias." Her eyes show worry.
"Tris it's fine, I'm use to it. It's better to just be home early and get it over with."
Tris nods and wraps her arms around me.
"I'll see you soon." I promise.
"See ya." I walk over to my house and take a breath before opening the door.

Woah, this chapter has made me extremely hungry. I am so sorry for the long wait between this update and my last. I've been quite busy and couldn't quite find the time to write.
All the pancakes that I listed are from 'Pancakes on the Rocks', in Australia. I obviously take no responsibility or praise for these pancakes as I simply got them off their menu.
So now Tobias has told Tris about Marcus. What will happen now? Will they ever get together? And if so, when?
Thank you for reading!! XO 💗💗