Chapter 5

Four P.O.V

Tris, Zeke and Uriah guide me upstairs with the two boys in front and Tris behind me. I'm so thankful Mrs Pedrad told them to show me around, I couldn't stand sitting next to my so called "father" any longer. Michelle is the nice one in my our house, always caring for me. She's like a mother but she'll never replace my real one who died when I was four because of him. Michelle has no idea what goes on behind close doors, she mostly works night shifts so she's never home when it happens.
I look behind me when the boys stop at the top of the stairs and realise Tris isn't anywhere to be seen.
"Hey Four can you go get Tris, she's probs eavesdropping ." Zeke chuckles, shaking his head.
"Sure." I walk back downstairs and go around the corner to see Tris pressed against the wall, eavesdropping just as Zeke suspected. Tris turns around like she was expecting someone to be behind her.
"Come on." I say and we go back up to where Zeke and Uriah are waiting.
"Eavesdropping again sis?" Zeke smirks when we reach them.
"Maybe." She smiles and turns to Uriah. It looks like they are taking to each other through their eyes.
"Can you guys talk telepathically?" I ask with my eye brows raised. The twins smirk and nod their heads simultaneously.
"You don't really want a tour right?" Uriah asks. I shake my head and they all let out a breathe of relief.
"This way then. We'll just show you each of our rooms." They lead me to the first bedroom which I'm guessing is Tris'.
When you open the door a queen size bed is in the middle of the wall on the left side, across from the bed is a white wooden dressing table with a walk in wardrobe on the left and a bathroom on the right. Next to the bed is two white bed side table with three drawers each, across from the door is the window with a window seal that has cushions so you can sit and read. Next to the window is four shelves with three of them filled of dance and gymnastics awards.
The wall behind the bed is black with every other walls white making the bed side tables and headboard pop. There's only two splashes of colour in Tris' room, the bed has a dark blue galaxy comforter and on the floor, in front of the dressing table, is a black rug with dark blue paint splatters. The rug goes well against the dark grey carpet.
"Woah, Tris your room is amazing." I say once I've finished analysing her room.
"Thanks, we all designed our rooms ourselves." She perks up a bit. We walk to the next room that's across from Tris' room.
"This is my room." Uriah comments as we open the door. On the right side of the room is a black bed with a black comforter against a dark blue wall. On the wall was a black shelf that has four snapbacks, each a different colour (one red, blue, green and purple).
There's one black bed side table that's has three draws.
Across from the bed is a TV sitting on a black cabinet with a Xbox One and PlayStation 3. To the left of the cabinet is a walk in wardrobe and to the right is his bathroom. Across from the door, where we are standing is a giant window.
There are a couple of clothes thrown across the room and games for the Xbox and PlayStation that he obviously hasn't put back in the cabinet.
"Sorry, I forgot to clean." Uriah apologies.
'It's fine, you shouldn't see my room back in LA. One time I couldn't even walk into my room." I shudder just thinking about what that looked like.
"Eww! I'm glad you're not my brother or you'd be getting punched a lot." Tris shakes her head and open the door next to us.
"And finally my room!!" Zeke does jazz fingers as I look around the room.
To the left of the room the wall is painted maroon with a black bed that has a maroon and white striped comforter. There's one white bed side table next to the bed and a trolley thing with loads of dance shoes on the other side. On the wall is a white 'Z' with a couple of pictures decorating it. Across from the bed is a flat screen TV mounted on the wall with two maroon cabinets underneath that hold a PS4, Xbox 360, movies and plenty of games. In front of that is a black couch.
On the left of the TV is his walk in wardrobe and on the right is his bathroom. Across from the door is a giant window, exactly like the two other rooms.
"Wow all of you have got great rooms." I compliment.
"Thanks." They all say simultaneously and then start cracking up laughing, I soon join in.
"So do you wanna just play some video games?" Zeke asks once he's sobered up.
"Sure. What have you got?" I walk over and jump on the couch, it's actually very comfy.
"How about GTA 8?" Uriah suggests, Zeke and Uriah come and sit down on the couch as well.
"Oh I'm gonna so kick all your asses." Tris says cockily, grabbing the game for the Xbox and joining us on the couch.
"How can you afford all these games and gaming systems?" I wonder out loud.
"Well our mums a lawyer and gets paid pretty well but she only bought us a couple of games, we saved up our selves for the systems and most of the games." Uriah explains. Wow.
"Plus I helped since I'm always here playing them." Tris adds in and starts setting up the game.

After a few rounds Tris has won all of them. Zeke and Uriah don't look surprised but I'm beyond that.
"How the hell do you keep winning?!" I yell getting frustrated. Tris looks at me and then they all burst out laughing.
"Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I don't know how to play." Tris winks at me while the boys are still laughing. She's definitely not like other girls, I like it.
"Tobias, time to go home!" I hear Michelle yell from downstairs. At this point Zeke and Uriah are still laughing.
"Shut up you two." I growl getting annoyed. We start walking back downstairs when Tris pulls me back by my shirt.
"I told you I'd kick your ass, Tobias." She walks away swinging her hips as she goes. Damn that ass!!
I snap out of my trance and meet everyone at the front door saying their goodbyes.
"Come on honey, I have to get to work soon." Michelle tells me once she sees me. Great, I get to have a lovely time with my "father" while Michelle is off at work.
"Say your goodbyes son." Marcus tells, more like orders me.
"Goodbye Mrs Pedrad, thanks for having me." I smile a genuine smile.
"It was my pleasure but please, call me Hanna." Once we're finished we head home and I go straight to my room, trying to relax a bit before my nightly "routine".
"Honey I'm off to work now, goodnight." Michelle is so caring, I don't know what she sees in Marcus.
"Have a good night, bye." I say to her.
I hear the front door close and her car start.
"Tobias get your worthless ass down here!!!" And so it begins....
Walking down the stairs slowly I can hear my screams in the back of my mind but I choose to ignore them.
"Hands on the wall." Marcus sneers as I do what he says. The sound of the belt as it hits my back reminds me not to move or make a sound.
"This is for your own good!!" He yells as the belt hits my back again and again. I bite my tongue to keep from screaming because I know it will only get worse.
The whips finally stop, leaving me in a puddle of my own blood. I groan as I crawl up the stairs to my room using every little ounce of energy I have left.
Once I grab my first aid kid and clean myself up, I fall into a deep slumber.