Chapter 33

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!!

Tobias' P.O.V

"So that's your father and step mum, and your real name is Tobias but you go by Four." Will says slowly, trying to put all the information, I just told the gang, together.

I didn't tell them all about what Marcus really is. A monster. When will I be able to stop lying? It gets so tiring. Tris looks at me from the corner of her eye, as like she's trying to tell me something.

Soon Michelle and Marcus are back downstairs. They talk to the gang, Marcus acting like he always does in front of others. Tris and Michelle have a little chat as well. I think it's good that Michelle has a girl to talk to. Michelle doesn't get much time to hang out with her girlfriends since most of them are in LA and she's either at work or with Marcus.

"Merry Christmas guys. Have a good night!" Michelle calls as the gang leave. Tris stays back a little, wanting to spend a couple of minutes with me before going home.

Tris and I go up to my room, leaving Michelle and Marcus downstairs. This Christmas morning has been quite exhausting, the exact opposite of what Christmas should really be like. Once my bedroom door closes Tris wraps her arms around my torso, burying her head into my neck.

Her hold makes me feel safe, it lets me forgot about the monster hiding behind a mask downstairs. I rest my head on Tris' shoulder, closing my eyes and letting myself relax. I'm glad she's not asking if I'm okay. She just holds me against her, no words have to be spoken.

It's like Tris can just know how I feel without having to actually say anything. God I love her. I swear if anyone ever harms her they will never see the light of day again. Tris is the light of my day. She's the reason I get out of bed after a terrible beating, Tris is the rainbow after the storm.

It's too soon when Tris pulls away, looking into my eyes. She leans in, pressing her lips softly against mine. Her lips taste sweet like sugar. I press my lips harder against hers, never wanting to pull away. She's so addictive.

I bite her lip as we pull away for breath. My eyes close, wanting to savour this moment.

"I have to go, unfortunately." Tris mumbles.

We walk to the front door, Tris saying her goodbyes to Michelle and Marcus. I see the way her body becomes stiff as she addresses Marcus.

"I love you." I whisper, resting my forehead against hers.

"I love you too, I'm next door if you need me." Tris leaves to spend the rest of the day with her family. I already miss her.

I turn around and head into the living room. Michelle smiles kindly at me as I sit across from them. We start to talk, mostly Michelle, about their vacation. It seems like they had a lovely time. But now they're back and it's back to reality.

"I've got to go get some groceries for Christmas dinner, Tobias would you like to come help me?" Michelle gets up of the lounge and as I'm about to answer her, as I would rather be anywhere than alone with him, Marcus decides to answer for me.

"Sorry love, but Tobias and I have some things to do. Have a good time and be safe." They give each other a kiss on the cheek. Michelle collects her things and leaves the house.

As soon as we hear Michelle's car leave the drive way, both of our demeanours change. Marcus has the evil glint back in his eyes. In these past 6 weeks I nearly forgot about the type of fear that rushes through me every time we're alone together. Who am I kidding? I could never forget.  

The next 10 minutes are blurred into one second and soon enough I'm on the floor, coughing up blood.

"Merry Christmas, son." Marcus spits and walks away.

***

Tris' P.O.V

Silent night, holy night! Shepherds quake at the sight. Glories stream from heaven afar. Heavenly hosts sing alleluia, Christ the saviour is born! Christ the saviour is born.

A smile makes it's way across my face. I love carollers. They bring happiness and joy to Christmas. I especially love Christmas carols, they are so catchy! And even though I don't have the best voice, I defiantly love singing - or screaming - my lungs out to Christmas tunes.

The carollers move onto the next house on our right and we go inside. Today has been pretty good. Mother and I are getting along just fine and the boys eliminate any awkwardness in the room.

 We have decided to just have a nice little movie night, watching our favourite classic Christmas movies and some new ones that have appeared on Netflix. I love how simple my family can be but still have loads of fun. Zeke, Uriah and I sit on one lounge and mother sits on the single chair.

My head rests on one of the boys shoulders, I change sides throughout the first movie.

"Should we watch a new movie on Netflix?" Mother asks us kids.

We look through Netflix and finally decided on a movie called 'A Christmas Prince'.

This movie is so good! I love it.

Soon we're onto our third movie and sometime through the movie, my eyes close and I drift into  a peaceful slumber.

Sorry for the short chapter!

Hope you have a merry and bright Christmas. XX