Chapter 4

Tris P.O.V

I walk to my motorbike after my contemporary/lyrical class as we now have a free period and all I want to do is go home.
"Tris wait up!" Uriah yells from across the courtyard. I sigh and wait with my hand on my hip.
"Where you going?" He asks when he's beside me, I keep walking towards my motorbike.
"It's free period, I'm going home." I grab my helmet and hop on my bike.
"Is it that time of the month?" Uriah whispers, I slap him.
"Seriously Uriah?! You don't ask that unless you physically see a girl open a pad or tampon!!!" I yell. People in the courtyard stop and stare with confused but amused eyes.
The gang come over in hysterics.
"Best thing I've heard all day." The boys say in between laughs.
"Well this idiot asked me if it was that time of the month and btw it's not." I slap Uriah again and rev my engine.
"Bye suckers." They wave goodbye as I start driving down the road.
When I get home I go straight to my room and jump on my bed, checking Instagram and Facebook for a while. This day has been so weird, I decide to let out my emotions by dancing. Quickly, I change into short shorts, a VS sports bra and my pointe shoes. I put my ballet playlist on and start doing an old routine.

"Wow." Someone lets out a breath as I start to catch my mine. My head snaps in every direction, trying to see where the voice came from. I look through my window, which I didn't realise was open, and see Four sitting on his window seal. Shit! I changed in front of that window!!
"How long have you been there?" I say as I walk over to the window.
"Long enough to see you've got a bangin' body." He winks. Great he just had to see me semi naked.
"Perv!" My middle finger goes up as I glare but Four just smirks his cocky smirk.
"You're an amazing dancer."
"Thanks." I say, genuinely.
"We'll get to see a lot more of each other, neighbour." He smirks again but I just roll my eyes.
"Bye." I shut my window and close my blinds. Jumping on my bed, I'm just about to close my eyes when I hear my name being called.
"Bea!!" Mum calls from downstairs, my mums a lawyer and a pretty good one at that. She has dark brunette hair, chocolate eyes and mocha skin. That's where the boys gets their looks from whereas me, well I get most of my looks from my father. He died in a terrible accident that I really don't want to think about. When he died mum went in a terrible state, blocking everyone out including us. Zeke was always there for Uriah and me, he was like our father and that's why we are all so close because we had to stick together. After a year or so Mum finally came out of her shell and became the mother she always wanted to be. Our family is actually super close more than normal families, especially Zeke, Uri and I.
"Coming mum!" I yelled back, jumping off my bed and running downstairs. When I'm down I hear noise from the kitchen and run in there, giving my mum a kiss on the cheek.
"How was school?" She asks, returning a kiss on the cheek.
"Same a usual." I sighed not really wanting to go into it, mum notices and doesn't ask any more questions.
"Well tonight we are having our new neighbours over so wear a nice dress." I mentally groan, first our new neighbours are Four and his family and secondly I don't like dresses!
"Why did we have to get new neighbours?" I groan while helping mum chop up the vegetables.
"Because Mr and Mrs Gray died and their children sold the house." Mum explained and I nodded.
"Do Zeke and Uriah have to wear nice clothes?" I cheekily smile knowing they don't like wearing fancy clothes.
"Yes dear, we want to impress and be friends with our new neighbours, I heard they have a son Zeke's age. Maybe it's time for you to get a boyfriend." Mum nudges with me with her elbow and winks.
"Mum, that's exactly what Christina said." I groan and hear footsteps behind us.
"What's this I hear about a boyfriend." We turn around to see Zeke and Uriah behind us with questioning faces.
"Nothing." I say quickly.
"You two go get dressed nicely, we have our new neighbours coming for dinner." She tells the boys.
"You too missy." She says to me. I run back upstairs but before I can get into my room, Uri stops me.
"Hey I'm sorry about this arvo, I didn't mean to make you mad." He apologises with guilt in his eyes.
"Uri, it's fine. I was just being dramatic." I wrap my arms around him in a hug.
"Now go get dressed so mum doesn't kick your ass." I smirk before turning and going into my own bedroom to get dressed.
I walk into my wardrobe and go to the little, tiny section of dresses. Mm what dress is appropriate for a nice dinner?
Most of my dresses Christina made me get for parties, so most of them aren't appropriate for dinner with neighbours.
Finally, I find a mid-thigh black round the neck dress that has a beaded design on bodice and a lace design from the waist down. Wow never thought I'd say this but it's cute!!
I do my makeup which consists of concealer, foundation, bronzer, highlighter, smokey eye, thick eyeliner, mascara and red lipstick. I quickly take out my braids and brush my hair, leaving it in its natural waves and add a silver hair accessorise. To finish the look I find some cute sparkly silver stilettos.
Looking in the mirror, I must say not too shabby on my part.
The sound of a knock on the front door makes me open my bedroom door and quickly get Zeke and Uriah.
"Wow you guys don't clean up too bad." I chuckle.
"You look beautiful too sis." Zeke says hugging me. Zeke is wearing a maroon dress shirt with his "fancy" trousers (what he calls them) and his black dress shoes.
Uri is wearing a dark blue dress shirt with "fancy" trousers and black dress shoes.
"You guys match." I notice and laugh to myself as their faces turn crimson.
"Children come down stairs!" Mum yells from downstairs. We walk down with the boys on either side of me. When we're in the lounge room I see an older man, older woman and Four. He smirks once he sees me. Four's wearing a grey dress shirt with a dark blue jacket, "fancy" trousers and black dress shoes.
"Marcus, Michelle these are my children Zeke, Tris and Uriah." Mum introduces us as we shake their hands.
"This is Tobias, my son." Marcus introduces Four as Tobias. Mm I like that name, wait what?!
"I just have to finish a couple of things in the kitchen and then I'll be right back. Tris can you help me?" She looks at me.
"Of course, mum." We walk into the kitchen and I instantly know what she's gonna say.
"So Tobias is a cutie." She says while grabbing the chicken from the oven. Yep I was right.
"Mum." I whine but she just laughs at me.
"You look beautiful." She smiles at me.
"You do too mummy." Mums wearing a grey dress that stops just above the knee and has a grey ribbon wrapped around the waist.
I finish setting the table and start helping mum serve the food.
"Dinners ready." I walk into the lounge room and tell everyone.
Everyone sits down at the table while I get everyone's drinks. Once I sit down I realise I'm next to Uriah and Zeke with Four or Tobias across from me whose sitting in between Marcus and Michelle. Mums at the head of the table where across from her is no chair, that was dads chair and we put it in the study as Uriah and I didn't want anyone sitting in his seat. I think Uri sees me staring at the empty spot because he grabs my hand under the table and gives it a tight squeeze. We start talking.

It's never looked that empty before. I say.
I know but just try to ignore it, pretend he's there talking about how the Chicago Bears should of won last night.
I chuckle under my breathe as the Chicago Bulls were my dads favourite team and he would be very disappointed that they lost. I start eating as the adults have their own conversation. Four/Tobias looks so awkward next to his father, like he's waiting for something to snap. He must see me staring as he looks into my eyes and smirks.
"So children, what type of dance do you do?" Michelle asks, she seems really nice whereas Marcus has something evil about him.
"Well I do all but am best in hip hop." Uriah answers.
"Same but I excel in hip hop and contemporary." Zeke says smiling.
"I just do all." I say not wanting to say I'm good at everything and seeming stuck up.
"Oh don't be modest Tris, you're amazing in everything." Mum smiles at me but I just return a small smile back. Where did this shyness come from?
"Your dress is beautiful darling." Michelle tells me with a kind smile.
"Thank you." I answer smiling a bigger smile.
"So do you guys like football, Tobias and I do." Marcus questions. I see Four/Tobias stiffen out of the corner of my eyes.
"Yeah Zeke and I play occasionally but it's a bit hard with our busy dance schedule." Uriah tells him as I nod my head a little. Dad and I always used to watch football together so I ended falling in love with it.
"What's your favourite team?" Marcus questions, again. I guess he's trying to start a conversation with us.
"The Chicago Bears, has been ever since we were young." A look of pain goes through Zeke's eyes when he says this. Only I notice as I'm good at reading people, I know people emotions just by looking in their eyes.
"And why is that?" No one answers for a while until I decide to.
"Our dad." I say looking into Marcus' evil eyes.
"Oh I'm very sorry." He sound sincere but I know it's all fake. Everything about him seems fake. Why is that?
"They're Tobias' and my favourite team as well. It's very annoying how they lost last night." I remember the convo Uriah and I had and look towards the empty space with pain in my heart. I think mum notices as she whispers something in Marcus and Michelle's ear.
"Kids why don't you show Tobias around the house while us adults have a nice conversation." Mum suggests. We nod and hop out of our chairs leading Four/Tobias upstairs. I stay around the corner from the dining room for a minute, listening (yes I know eavesdropping is rude).
"I'm sorry. The topic is still a bit touchy for them." Mum tells them.
"We're very sorry for your lose." I hear Michelle say. Someone comes up behind me, I turn around and see Four/Tobias.
"Come on." He says. I nod and go upstairs to where Zeke and Uriah are.

Hey everyone!!!
What do you want me to call you guys??
Sorry for all the Americans and other people reading this that don't spell some things the same as me. Please don't get angry as I know I might be spelling them wrong for you, but they are right for me.
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy💗❤️