Epilogue

6 months later -

Tris' P.O.V

Using all the power my legs have, I jump into the air and leap across the room. A smile makes its way onto my face. I continue to dance around the room, doing flips and moves I haven't been able to do for awhile.

It's been 6 months since Tobias woke up. He has grown so much stronger and has had so much resilience, it makes me happy. A week after Tobias woke up, I went into surgery. To be honest, it was absolutely terrifying. But I obviously survived and my ankle has healed, allowing to do many things that I love and that I missed.

I turn the music down on the speakers as I grab a drink of water. Tobias is up in his room, well our  room. And yes, Tobias did end up moving in with me after he fully recovered. A few things he is still not fully able to do as the amount of damage Marcus did to him was way too much for Tobias' body. But Tobias pulled through and got the courage to stand up to Marcus.

We gathered enough information to put Marcus behind bars, which was a massive relief on Tobias' shoulders. When Tobias decided to get justice, we first went to Michelle. Telling her all about his abuse and what kind of monster Marcus really is. Michelle helped us gather all the information and proof we needed to go to the police. She was a massive help.

Tobias even manage to go through all of that while still graduating high school. Zeke, Shauna and Tobias have all officially graduated school and are now going to college in the fall. Shauna decided that she wanted to be a teacher. Zeke and Tobias are going to Columbia College Chicago to study dance. It's where their true passion lies. Both colleges are close to wear we live so no one has to move, thank god. I don't think I could handle being away from Tobias for too long. But if that ever comes up, I'm sure we could handle it.

I run up the stairs and into my bedroom, where Tobias sits with his head in his hands. He's nervous.

Even though I'm a little sweaty - I'm sure he won't mind - I wrap my arms around him and rest my head on his shoulder. I understand why he's nervous, there's three hours until Marcus' trial. And even though there's plenty of evidence to put him behind bars, there's still an anxious energy floating around everywhere.

Tobias kisses my cheek as we pull out of the embrace. I look into his eyes and see how terrified he is. It makes me sad to see how much he has been through with this man, especially seeing how brave he has been for the past months. I wish this would just be all over with.

I pul Tobias closer and enjoy the passionate kiss we share. I love him so much.

"Tobias, I know that you're nervous but today is going to go well. All this hard work in the past months will all be worth it and that monster is going to get what he deserves." I look into his eyes as I talk, making sure he's listening.

He has been through so much with his family. First his mother dying and then Marcus' abuse. It's just two much for this one person. But I know he knows that I am here, I love him unconditionally and I will always be his family.

"Now time to have a shower and get into that sexy suit of yours." I smirk. He looks really good in a suit, trust me.

"It will save more water if we share a shower." Tobias suggests.

"Fine. But no funny business." I warn him, even though I don't mean it.

Tobias and i jump in the shower, enjoying the little time we have together before all the craziness starts.

Unfortunately, our time is interrupted with Zeke knocking on the bathroom door.

"You guys have been in there for 20 minutes and I can hear everything! Get out!" Tobias chuckles as my cheeks turn red. I drop down from his arms and hop out of the shower, covering myself.