Chapter 9

Tris P.O.V

~Two Weeks Later~.

The past two weeks all I've done is homework, dance and avoid Tobias. I need these feelings to go away, like now. All these thoughts keep running through my head and.... maybe not so appropriate ones.
Today's the competition. Our jazz routines are perfect and everyone loved the designs! Plus hip hop is AMAZING!!!!
Today is all about dance. No distractions. Nothing. I'm going to stay away from Tobias like I have been doing for the past two weeks.

My alarm goes off at 6 am. I push myself out of bed as the adrenaline starts to kick in. As quickly as I can, I have a shower, brush my teeth, get dressed (including my team jacket), put my hair in a messy bun and pack my bag for the day.
On completion days we just all meet at school and catch a bus to the venue. I enter the kitchen and see the whole gang there, including Tobias.
"Morning guys." I yawn and avoid eye contact with him.
"Ready for comp sis." Uriah asks me. I nod my head as I grab some apple juice, I hate orange juice!
"When did you all get here?" I lean against the counter as we all chat.
"About half an hour ago." We all chatter for a while and then decide it's time to head off.
Half go in my Range Rover while the other half go with Tobias.
When we get to school we all get out of the cars and race over to Tori.
"We're all here!" I tell her.
"Get on the bus then." We put our stuff under the bus and then find our seats. I'm next to Lynn with Uriah and Will behind us, Christina in front with Shauna across from her and then Four and Zeke across from us.
After everyone's on Tori and Tanya come on as well.
"Let's get this party started!!" Tori yells.
"Yeah!" We all scream back.

~Bus Ride Over~

"Tris. Wake up." Lynn shakes my shoulder. I open my eyes to see the competition venue.
"Huh?" My hands come up to my eyes, rubbing the sleep out of them.
"You fell asleep. We're here!" She informs me. I nod my head and start getting off, following everyone. This place is huge!
My eye catches the bus behind ours. Our rivals. See we are the Divergent Dancers and our rivals are The Stepping Angels or as we like the call them, the stepping devils (TSD) Their name is so lame. We always beat them and they are such sore losers.
The real rivals on that team are Eric, Jeanine and Max. They absolutely hate the gang and me. We most definitely return the feeling.
"Hey guys, look. It's the stepping devils." I mock to the gang who chuckle.
"Who are they?" Tobias asks, confused.
"Our rivals. They hate us, the feelings mutual." Zeke explains.
"Don't get pulled into their trap. They'll eat you alive." Uriah shoves Zeke's arm, playfully.
"Plus we always beat them." Lynn chuckles evilly.
As the devil trio (Eric, Jeanine and Max) walk out of the bus their heads instantly turn to the gang. Their eyes turn to glares which we gladly return.
"I bet they are actually shitting bricks right now." I turn back to the gang who all start laughing.
"Guys, over here!" Tanya calls out to us. We start to follow everyone into the building, first going to sign in and then to our dressing room.  (Picture to the side of up top)
"This place is great. Big enough to practice." I comment once we're inside.
"Okay everyone put your stuff down and then come sit over here." Tori calls out to us. We do as she says, the gang and I put all our stuff together.
"So today jazz is first, then there's an hour before hip hop. I need you all to start getting dressed, makeup, hair and stretched."
"Boys you're getting changed behind that." Tanya points to the big curtain we always have, "And girls you're getting dressed in here."
The boys go behind the curtain while us girls get our costumes out. The girls and I made two designs, ones black and white while the other one is fully black.
We just randomly gave out who wears which so one half of the girls is wearing one design and so on.

Costumes ⬇️⬇