Chapter 17

~ To the side or up the top is Tris' dance film. The story will not incorporate her showing it to her class. ~

Tris' P.O.V

My phone buzzes beside me, pulling me out of my day dream.

Four ~ Wear something casual tonight. Can't wait!! XX 😘

I quickly send something back and then focus on tonight. Clothes are thrown around my room in a mess. Oops. I have no idea on what to wear tonight, I want this date to be special. To be honest, this is my first date.
This situation calls for Christina. I text her quickly and tell her to hurry up, Tobias will be picking me up around 6:30 and it's 5:00.

Christina gets here in five minutes, she is huffing and puffing, out of breath. Did she run here? That wouldn't surprise me.
"Let's get this party started!!" She squeals. Here we go, I groan inwardly.
"We need something casual but cute." Chris quickly rushes into my closet, making an even bigger mess. How is that even possible?

***

One hour later, I'm ready! Just need some finishing touches. Christina picked out blue skinny jeans, a black laced up crop top, a distressed black denim jacket and black heeled ankle boots. My hair is half up, half done with a braid and my makeup is just simple.

 My hair is half up, half done with a braid and my makeup is just simple

"Chris, I'm nervous." I admit. That was probably the most stupid thing I've ever admitted.
"It's normal to be nervous on your first date. Just have fun doing whatever you're doing." She smirks and winks. My jaw drops as I hit her over the head with a pillow.

The sound of a door knock interrupts Christina's sentence. Before we even get out of my bedroom, Mum has already opened the door. Uriah and Zeke, who were already downstairs, have come to inspect as well.
"Hello Tobias, how are you?" Mum asks kindly. Tobias' cheeks slightly red at the sound of his real name. I see Chris open her mouth to speak but I send her a look.
"Very well, Ms Pedrad. And you?" Aw, he's so sweet!!
"Please, call me Hannah. I'm good."  Christina and I walk down the stairs and all eyes turn to us. Tobias is dressed in black jeans and a black t shirt which shows off his muscles perfectly.
"You look stunning Tris. Have fun." Mum says goodbye to Tobias and then walks off.
"Where are you guys going?" Zeke asks suspiciously.
"A date." I smirk. "Gotta problem?"
"Not at all." He smirks back. I quickly hug him and Uri and then turn to Tobias.
"You look beautiful."
"Thank you."  Zeke and Uri quickly give Tobias the "you hurt my sister, we'll hurt you" speech and then we leave.

Tobias opens the car door for me and then runs around to his side. He's such a gentleman. We start driving and I get curious, he hasn't told me where we are going yet.
"So tell me, where are we going?" I question.
"You'll have to see." He smirks and grabs hold of my hand.
The rest of the car ride is in comfortable silence. The radio plays softly as I sing the words under my breath. My excitement bubbles more and more. I really want to know where we are going!
The car stops at our destination. I look around, all I see is a fence.
"Where are we?" I ask, confusion evident in my voice.
"We are at a fair. Well it's closed but we're rebels." Tobias answers playfully.
A smile covers my face as we hop out of the car. I guess we have to climb over the fence, which I'm completely fine with. Tobias lifts me up so I can get over the fence. His warm hands send chills through my body.

Once we are both over the fence Tobias asks me where I would like to go first. I grab his hand and run to the Ferris wheel. Ever since I was little, I have absolutely LOVED Ferris wheels. Feeling a little rebellious, I climb up the first rung and bounce to make sure it's steady.
"What are you doing Tris?" Tobias' deep voice asks from behind me.
"Having fun. Are you coming?" I smile.
"Of course."  We start climbing higher and higher. I hear him breathing behind me, loud and fast.
"Are you all right, Tobias?"
"Are you human Tris, being up this high..." he gulps for air. "It doesn't scare you at all?"
I look over my shoulder at the ground below us. If I fall now, I'll die. But I don't think I'll fall.

A gush of wind presses against my left side, throwing my body weight to the right

A gush of wind presses against my left side, throwing my body weight to the right. I gasp and cling to the rungs, my balance shifting. Four's warm hand clamps around one of my hips, holding me steady. Now I can't breathe. I pause, staring at my hands.
"You okay?" He asks quietly.
"Yeah." I say, my voice strained. I keep climbing, silently, until I reach a platform. Without thinking, I put my legs over the side. Tobias, however, crouches and presses his back to the metal support, breathing heavily.
"You're afraid of heights." I say. "How did you survive the flight from LA?"
"I ignored my fear." He says. I stare at him for a while.
"What?" He says quietly.
"Nothing."
I look away at the city in front of us. The view is breathtaking. No one ever really appreciates Chicago's beauty.

After a few more moments looking out at Chicago, Tobias and I head back down.
"What's next?!" I ask, giddy.
"How about the kids corner?" He asks. I nod my head, quickly agreeing. I jump on his back for a piggy back and he starts running to the kids corner. A squeal of delight escapes my mouth. I haven't had this much fun in ages.
The kids corner is full of colour. Tobias hits a button and it lights up, making my eyes widen. We run around crazy, playing on all the slides and climbing over everything.

As we're running, we trip and fall into the ball pit. Tobias falls on top of me and I squeal. He locks eyes with me and leans in closer. Our lips meet in a soft yet passionate kiss. My hands travel to the back of his head and into his hair as he grips my hips. I moan in pleasure. He asks for entrance which I gladly except.

My walls are built high, but I think he can climb them.

Their first date!!! Awwww. I was so excited to write this chapter so I hope you really enjoyed it! 💞💞
What's to come for Fourtris?
You'll just have to wait and find out!!!