Chapter 19

Tris' P.O.V

The sound of bubblegum popping and fingers tapping against desks. As I stare off into oblivion, that's all I hear. I really should be listening to the conversation within the gang. Mr Smith finally walks through the door. He's often late, so no one notices he's there until he clears his throat.

"Good morning students." He starts off the same as every other morning. Most of the students say morning back.
"Today you won't be having any of your normal classes." Cheers are heard around the classroom, " Last week you were given partners whom you'll be working with for nearly every duo. Today is all about trust. This term acro is not one of your classes. So today you and your partner will build up each other's trust while doing acro. Each set of partners are to also complete a small acro routine."

I am so excited!! I absolutely love acro and not to sound conceited, but I've always been good at it. It's all about having the right partner, technique, flexibility and most important, when doing partner stunts, trust. I'm going to have an awesome day.

The bell rings and certain levels of skills go to different places. The gang and I go outside. Outside are mats set up with plenty of space for us to practice. The field/oval is huge, not that really anyone uses it. Sunshine beams and there seems to be no clouds in the sky. Perfect.

Our supervisors set out the ground rules and explain more about what we're doing. We will go from the the ground stunts and trust exercises, to small off the ground and then, if we're ready big stunts.

Tobias and I start with trust falls, playing around and having fun. I love this side of Tobias. He knows when to be serious and when to be playful and fun. Shrieks of laughter escape me as I fall into Tobias' arms. Next we grab each other's hand and then lean away from each other. Tobias, being a lot heavier and strong than me, pulls me towards me. I gasp as I land on Tobias. Déjà vu anyone? He smirks as he grabs my hips. Suddenly a heavy weight lands on my back. Uriah. My neck starts to cramp so I rest it on Tobias' chest.
"Can you get off?" Annoyance clear in my voice. Uriah just chuckles.
Zeke finally pushes him off and I can breathe again!!

Tobias and I get off the ground and continue working, after I give Uriah a good slap. We stretch and then get to work on some simple floor stunts. I so love acro!!!!!!!

As the day goes on,  it gets so much more fun! Tobias and I are ready for over the head stunts. He grabs my hips and lifts me up. A smile stretches across my face. His eyes sparkle in the sunlight. I feel a sudden drop of water on my arm, and then another and another. Damn it! Why did it have to rain? I look up at the sky and see a bunch of grey clouds.
"Students please go into the hall." One of our supervisors yells.

Quickly, before we get saturated, we head into the hall. Where there are already a bunch of students. There is no room for us to continue our routines.
"I know where we can go." Tobias whispers. He grabs a mat and my hand, leading me to an empty class room. We push all the desks and chairs to the back of the room and then set up.

***

Tobias and I practice one more time before having to perform. Our routine is filled with intricate and next level stunts, which I love. Even though we've only been dating for a short amount of time, I believe today has made our relationship a lot stronger. He's a great partner, dance and relationship.

We sneak back to the hall where our level group are performing while the other group is having a break. Zeke and Shauna go first, their song is Alone Together by Fall Out Boys. I sing the words quietly as they perform. Their routine is amazing, they have so much chemistry together. Perfect match.

After a few routines, it's Tobias' and my go. We stretch a little bit more, tell them our music and get started. This is our first routine together as boyfriend and girlfriend, I really couldn't ask for a better one.

***

Once school was done, the sun was shining again. Tobias and I walked home and then went to our seperate houses. I sit on my bed, scrolling through Instagram. Mum should be home soon. I wonder what's for dinner...

The front door slams shut and I hear the footsteps of mother. I am so hungry! I run downstairs and help mum unpack the groceries.
"Hello, how was your day?" Mum asks.
"Pretty good. How was yours?" Father always taught me how to be selfless. It came naturally to him, but for me it's a bit hard. I've always wanted to be like him, so I really try and go by the lessons he taught.
"Beatrice? Are you listening?" Uh, I really don't like that name.
"Oh, yeah, sorry. What were you saying?" My stomach grumbles.
"I said we should invite Tobias over, as he is now officially your boyfriend." My eyes widen.
"Sure! I'll text him."
Tobias soon replies with a yes. Please don't let this be an interrogation dinner.
"He said yes. What time will dinner be ready?"
"In an hour. Go freshen up." I head back upstairs and into Zeke and Uriah's room, telling them about dinner plans.

After a nice hot shower, I choose an outfit and redo my makeup.

Tris' Outfit ⬇️⬇️

As Tobias knocks on the front door Mum yells that's she'll get it

As Tobias knocks on the front door Mum yells that's she'll get it. Here we go. Zeke and Uriah come out of their rooms at the same time as me. We all head downstairs. Tobias kisses my cheek when he sees me.
"Hey babe." He says.
"Dinners ready!" Mum yells. I look at Tobias, my eyes wide.
"Let's do this."