Chapter 21

Tris' P.O.V

Mother quickly drives Tobias and me to the hospital. My ankle is throbbing, aching, burning and cramping. It feels as though my ankle is being snapped fifty thousand times. Tears are still running down my face as Tobias quietly strokes my hair, in effort to calm me down.

We arrive at the hospital, Tobias carries me inside and a nurse immediately comes up to us. Mother explains the situation and they get me in the emergency room. I lay on the uncomfortable white bed, my whole body stiff. Tobias continues to hold my hand while we wait for the doctor.
Surprisingly, the doctor doesn't take that long. He asks for my information and asks about the pain.

"What type of pain is it?" He asks. My breath feels so caught up in my throat from all the crying that I have to take a few deep breaths before answering. "It's a stabbing, aching, burning pain. It feels as though my ankle is being snapped fifty thousand times." My voice is croaky as I speak.

"Now, I want you to rate the pain from a one -being a dull pain- to a 10, being the worse pain you've ever felt."

I know this won't be the worse pain I've ever felt, so I don't answer with a ten. "9." The doctor then asks a couple more questions to mum and myself. He tells us that a nurse will be here soon.

I clench my teeth to keep a sob from escaping, this pain is excruciating. "Hello, I am nurse Gabriela. We're just going to take you in for an x-ray and then give you some pain medication" I nod and they wheel me away.

The x-ray is short and a bit painful with the few different positions. I finally get the pain medication and relax a little bit as we wait for the results. The throbbing still exists in my ankle as we wait again.
"I've said this before, but I really  hate hospitals." I groan, Mother and Tobias chuckle. I wish Zeke and Uriah were here, it would help a lot. Having my hilarious brothers here cheering me up would make this situation so much better, well as 'better' as it can get.  I am not saying mother and Tobias aren't helping because they both defiantly are.

Finally the doctor comes back to tell us the results. Nervousness fills my stomach, if it's more than a sprain my dancing career is going to suffer.

"Alright so x-rays only show us certain things and we need to check if you have done any damage to your ligaments. How we do this is we move your ankle certain ways." My eyes widen as the doctor explains. This is going to hurt so much!!!

"So we will go and get some laughing gas ready, that will take away the pain as we move your ankle." I nod and take a deep breath in. Tobias grabs my hand and rubs his thumb across the back of my hand. The doctor hands me a mask and tells me to take five deep breaths in then keep going. I cover my mouth and take the first five deep breaths.

And then he moves my ankle.

A scream escapes my mouth as tears rush down my face again. "Keep breathing in." The doctor instructs.

"I can't." I sob. That just made my pain ten times worse. My tears keep coming and I can't seem to stop them. The doctor doesn't move my ankle again as I lay my head on Tobias' chest.

***

I hop up the stairs of my house. I'm finally home and am so tired. The doctors told me that it's just a sprain but I still don't think so. I've never felt this kind of pain before. They also said that I should be able to walk in a week and then dance in about two weeks. The next week is going to be torture!!!

Zeke carries me up the rest of the stairs when he sees me take a break. I quietly thank him as he carries me to my bedroom. He lays me down and tucks me in, saying his goodnights. As he leaves, I close my eyes.

But I can't sleep. It feels as though my brain won't shut up. Too many worries. I try not to toss and turn too much. I really want to talk to Uri, so I do through my mind.

Uriah, are you still awake?

Of course!!

Please come to my room, I can't sleep.

Coming!!

Uriah comes into my room one minute later, a smile on his face as always.

"Hey Sissy!!" He says and jumps on my bed. My ankle bounces from the impact and I wince, Uriah immediately apologises.

"It's fine. Can we please watch a movie?" I ask.

We start watching 'Suicide Squad'.  My favourite characters are  The Joker, Harley Quinn and Captain Boomerang (because of his love of unicorns). I actually quite enjoy this movie, it makes me laugh and today I need it. Uri makes me feel a whole lot better and it's comforting to know that he can feel what I'm feeling.  As Uriah and I are really close twins, we can sometimes feel each others emotions. We can't feel each others physical pain, thank god for Uri, but when one of us is really sad or have other really deep emotions. And no, I don't always feel Uriah's happiness because if I did I would be a totally different person.

The movie ends and my mind finally lets me sleep.

***

My body is stiff as I sit up straight. A nightmare, it was just a nightmare. I repeat to myself. I check on my left ankle, paranoid. Uriah is still on my right, he must of fallen asleep as well. He does that a lot.

I check the time on my phone and see that it's 1:03am. Ahh. I need sleep but what if there's another nightmare waiting for me. The thought of that scares me. I'm so tired, so I'll have to get over it.

Again, I close my eyes. Hoping to get a good sleep.