Chapter 35

Tris' P.O.V

A light snore brings me back to reality. Both Zeke and Uriah have their heads resting on my shoulders as I'm wide awake. Everyone is sleeping peacefully as we all got impatient.

I look at my phone, which is only on 30%, and see that the time is 11 at night. I really hope the doctor comes soon. There have been quite a few patients, families, nurses and doctors running around the hospital, as per usual.

It makes me sad sometimes seeing what others have to go through.

Sitting here while the rest are asleep makes me remember how much I hate hospitals. A shudder runs up my spine as I watch a family cry. The tears streaming down an older woman's face while a man comforts her tells me they have recently lost someone very close to them, probably a child.

I tear my eyes away, scolding myself for prying into other people's business.

"Sweetie," Michelle is suddenly in front of me, "Would you like something from the cafeteria?"

I shake my head, telling her that I'm not hungry.

"I'll get you a muffin." She smiles, making me chuckle a little. "Would the boys like one too?"

"Probably."

Michelle walks away to the cafeteria, I think it's pretty far away from where we're sitting. Suddenly another voice fills the silence.

"Have you slept?" The monster suddenly speaks. God, why the hell was he acting so caring when he's the reason his own son is in freaking hospital?!! My patience with this man is running very, very low. I just want to scream in his face.

"No, not really." My voice is cold as I talk, looking away from him.

"You really should." He tells me. Who does he think he is?

"How can I sleep when the love of my life is in hospital because of somebody's actions?!" My voice raises and I'm soon worried that I have hinted that I know. But he's either oblivious or just ignores me as he says nothing else.

Soon Michelle is back with two coffees and three muffins. My stomach rumbles, making me realise how hungry I am. She hands me the muffins.

"You can eat all of them if you would like." Michelle tells me. Her voice comforts me, making me feel a little better. There's a choc chip muffin, raspberry and white chocolate and apple cinnamon muffin. All the scents make my mouth water.

I devour the apple cinnamon muffin which makes me feel so much better. I haven't eaten anything all day which is probably not the best for me.

The smell of the muffins must wake the boys up as their eyes goes straight to them. They also devour their muffins.

Soon a doctor comes to tell us information. It's about time!!

"Tobias Eaton is out of surgery and in a stable condition. He had punctured lungs, broken ribs, his leg was severely broken and he has a concussion. He is in fact in a coma so he might wake up in a couple of days to a couple weeks, it's hard to determine that. But you can see him, two at a time. Does anyone here have any idea how this happened?" The doctor informs us. Tears fill my eyes, thank god he's alive. We all tell the we have no idea even though I know and I know some else does too.

"Who wants to see him first?" The doctor asks. We allow Michelle and Marcus to head in first, even though Michelle insists I go. She's so kind, why can't she see that she's with a monster.

I hold onto Zeke and Uriah's hands as I wait for my turn.

After what feels like forever, Michelle and the monster exits the room, allowing me to go into Tobias' hospital room.