chapter one

THIS STORY IS BEING EDITED SO DO NOT READ IT. THEYRE WILL BE TYPOS AND MISSING PARTS UNTIL I AM DONE! DO NOT READ

**Payton's POV**

The bell had just rang starting first period, and I sat down in my normal seat next to my best friend Ana. Nothing had changed it was just a usual day in Davidson Day School. our very much annoying teacher Mr.Bromfeld took attendance.

"Samantha Aaron"

"here!" she yelled

"Juliana Brack"

"Absent"

someone yelled from the back of the room. I turned around to see who, and there was Hayes Grier the most 'popular' boy in the 8th grade.

I didn't want anything to do with him. Never have, and most likely never will. I liked it that way. I just shook my head in annoy-meant and turned back to face the front of the room.

**Hayes POV**

When Mr.Bromfeld called Juliana's name I responded to her absent-ness only leaving all the faces in the room to be on me. I noticed that Payton, turned to look at me.

I understood why so I just raised my eyebrow. She wasn't anything special brown hair, brown eyes, but there was something about her that gave me butterflies, that is in understatement. Lions fighting is still an understatement.

I noticed my name was going to be called in a second so stopped zoning out.

"Hayes Grier"

"um yeah here!" I called out.

a couple more names were called and then...

"Payton Michaels"

"Present" she answered. I noticed she was writing in her notebook, I heard she writes songs maybe she was writing one of them in class.

"I'm going to the bathroom, and once I get back I am going to make some seating and locker arrangements."

The whole class let out a moan.

I couldn't stop thinking about what is in that little books of hers. The way she twirled her pencil as wrote every couple seconds was amazing.
Once he left the room, I got up and had enough courage to walk up to Payton.

"Hey I don't think we've officially met, I'm Hayes."

"Haven't we've been in school together for like 5 years now?" she said, in the most sarcastic tone. I didn't care if she found me annoying or whatever.

"Yes we have, and I was wondering-"

"EVERYONE BACK INTO YOUR SEATS" Mr.Bromfeld yelled as I ran to the back of the room plopping down in my seat, only thinking about Payton.

**Paytons POV**

When Hayes walked up to me I didn't really care, like I said before I didn't want anything to do with him or his little group of asses.

But, when I looked into his eyes I felt something... not a spark... I didn't understand what it meant.

" Justin I would like for you and Casey to switch seats."

I gave Casey a pouted lip, and she just stuck her tongue out at me. Once Justin sat down behind Ana I nudged her shoulder, and gave her a sexual look.

Ana has a huge, not even huge, a GINORMOUS crush on Justin since the 4th grade when he kissed her cheek. but nothing mattered back then, it only matters if that little elementary school crush, is still in tact.

Mr.Bromfeld switched a couple others seats. Not mine. Not Hayes.

"Now to the locker changes. Hayes since your tall you will be changing from bottom to top."

"But Jack is taller than me." he exclaimed

"That is true." he answered as he rubbed his head and looked around the room for someone shorter than Hayes. "AHA Payton, you have a top locker, am I mistaken?"

I gulped and answered "no."

"Perfect, Ana will take Hayes's bottom locker, and Hayes you will take Ana's."

I turned and looked at Hayes, he winked and gave me a little smile. G-d can't he just be normal.

I just crossed my arms onto my desk and laid my head down onto it, breathing heavily.

can this day get any worse...