chapter 9

I knew Justin meant to hurt me. But how did he get Hayes' phone? I walked into class and my eyes were red, not puffy just red.

I sat down in my seat ,

"were you crying?" Ana asked me, her hand was on my shoulder, I shook it off.

"I'm fine."

"whatever you say cranky pants," I couldn't help but giggle.

Since we had 5 minutes of homeroom left the whole class was screaming, I just wanted to cry or runaway.

"Hey babe," it was Hayes his hand wrapped around my shoulder, I got up and moved to the trash can at the front of the room.

"what's wrong?" he tried to put his hand in my shoulder I nudged away.

"stop it." I regretted saying it right away. "Stop flirting with me when you and Jaz are still a thing."

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?" the whole class looked at Hayes, we both said nothing. They all just stared, and stared. Slowly they all went back to talking.

"you and Jaz at the party, I saw the pictures. Justin showed them to me."

"from Bryan's party?" I nodded my head.

"Did you check the date on the status?"

"No.." I felt so stupid it could have been from when they were still dating.

"Well his last party was 3 weeks ago."

"I'm so sorry," I gave him a tight hug, his hands around my neck it felt perfect.

**HAYES POV**

the hug. it was perfect. more than perfect. I didn't care what Justin was doing, we are together and that's all that matters.

she let go, and walked back to her seat. I did the same. I didn't want her to know the truth about the picture, and when it was taken.

It would ruin everything. EVERYTHING. I didn't want to be keeping this secret from her, but I have to. For my, Jaz' and Ana's sake.

**Ana's POV**

I knew why Payton was crying. Justin showed her the picture, the picture I took...

I was supposed to keep the secret from Payton, even though we are best friends. She can never find out that I knew, or our friendship would be over, and that is way too important to me.

**FLASHBACK IN ANAS POV**

I had just arrived at Bryans party with Jaz, she ran towards Hayes her boyfriend, but no one was allowed to know they were an item, they knew they were making out but nothing more. People at my school are so oblivious to things like that.

I  sat down on the couch, Justin is at the party!  I'm going to walk up to him. But I'm nervous. Should I should I not?  '

I finally built up the courage to get up from the couch and walk over to where he was standing, I poured a cup of coke and just stood there, I was waiting for him to say something but nothing ever happened. we just stared into each others eyes.

I threw away the cup and walked to the bathroom, and there were Hayes and Jaz making out, I snapped a quick photo I wanted to send it to Payton, I didn't. When they were finally done making out Jaz led Hayes into a room... no one but them knows what happened next.

**END OF FLASHBACK**
Payton sat down next to me, I was
about to spill, but I couldn't, I can't, a promise is a promise and I secret I will keep.