chapter 3

As I sat down I felt someone breathing on my neck. I turned around and of course it was Hayes, I just rolled my eyes and turned back to the front of the room.

"Good job sticking up to Justin like that." I didn't mean to blush it just kind of happened. I turned back to Hayes who was biting his lip.

What is wrong with me, I don't like Hayes.. wait do I? No I cant, I just cant.

I thought to myself.

"Well Ana is my best friend and I'd never betray her, ever."

"Your a good friend you know that?" I blushed again, I tried hiding it. I put both hands on my face.

**Hayes POV**

I couldn't help it but, I like Payton... a lot. when she was blushing I couldn't help but smile like an idiot.

"Thanks I try, I try." she responded, her cheeks were still pink. She was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life.

I gave out a little chuckle, she finally smiled at me. She has braces, they have dark blue rubber bands, they look good on her since she isn't super tan. Kind of pale even.

"soooooooooo... when are you getting your braces off?" I tried to keep the conversation going, I liked talking to Payton. She wasn't like most of the girls at Davidson, she was special.

"In about a-" she got cut off by Ana coming back into the room with Mr.Bromfeld.

"Ill text you later." I saw her smile, does she like me? What am I even thinking, she doesn't like me and I know it.

**Mr.Bromfeld POV**

I see the way Hayes looks at Payton, and the way she looks at him.

They like each other, that's why I had the lockers switched, maybe they'll become a couple. Unlike me and my 8th grade crush, Caroline MaClintosh. She turned me down faster than you can say 'get jiggy with it". The 80's were some good times.

"Alright class, im going to assign partners for the next project which will be due March 13th. Whoever you locker buddy is, the person above or below you is your partner. The project will be on WW2, and you will write a paper on who's side you take and why."

I saw how Payton didn't like my decision, but it was for the best.

**Paytons POV**

I do not like that Hayes is my partner one bit.. But it was the teachers decision and I couldn't do anything about it.

**fast forward to lunch time**

" Finally lunch." I told Ana she looked at me and nodded. Her turkey sandwich looked delicious, but I had cream cheese and nuetella, sounds disgusting tastes amazing.

"So what's up with you and the hot blue eyed boy?" she asked trying to do a sexy voice.

"His name is Hayes, and he is not that hot."

"Blue eyed boy is sexier though, and so you do think he's hot? oo lala,"

" I wouldn't say HOT but he's cute I guess." I was lying to my own best friend. Hayes was beautiful.

"MHMM sure, sure. Casey what do you think?"

"Well I have a boyfriend so I have no say in this."

We both laughed, I took out my phone, I went on instagram and saw a spam from @hayes_instagram, I knew he was famous and all but it didn't really bother me. I checked my text messages, 2 from my mom, 1 from my older sister, 3 from my older brother hes about 20 now, and one from a random number...

The text message said...