chapter 8

wait what... did my first kiss really happen? am I dreaming? when our lips separated I just sat there in shock. complete shock.

"now do you believe me?"

no words were able to escape my mouth, just a head nod yes.

Hayes pulled me into a long warm hug, my head rested on his chest as tears were still dropping down my eyes.

But why? he proved he likes me, right? or is he and Jaz lying to me?

"why are you still crying?" he heard my small sobs.

"One of my best friends lied to me, I have no clue what to do." he pulled me out of the hug, my eyes were puffy and I wiped my tears, and at that moment I realized that I liked Hayes.

"You have me, I'll keep you safe." I couldn't help but smile a little.

" I'll go."

"what?"

"to the party on Saturday, I'll go with you."

"perfect." a huge grin spread across his face, from ear to ear.

***NEXT DAY***

My alarm woke me up. Thursday. I managed to get out of bed somehow and walked to my bathroom across the hall, I did my business, brushed my teeth.

I walked to down stairs to eat breakfast and just poured a bowl of cereal, lucky charms my favorite.

I put my bowl in the sink, and walked up stairs, water picked my teeth cause of my braces and got ready for school.

My hair; in a side braid

shirt; red flannel with a black tank

pants; leggings

shoes;converse

I don't wear makeup to school. I just don't find the need.

I got a text message from Hayes.

Hayes- Hey beautiful meet on the football field in 20 minutes?

Me- I'll try to be there😏

Hayes- good I have a surprise for u!

what could the surprise be? I was nervous. I texted my mom when I left my house. I walked and walked and walked for 15 minutes till I reached my school. EW.

I put everything in my homeroom class, took a hall pass and walked to the football field.

I looked around and Hayes wasn't there, but Justin was...

"I hear your going to the party with Hayes,"

"yeah and it's none of your business what I do."

"your going with him, even though he and Jaz were hooking up? and still are," an evil grin spread across his face.

"your lying." I didn't want to believe it. I couldn't believe him.

"am I?" Justin took out his phone and went on Bryan O'Connels Facebook page. There it was a picture of Jaz and Hayes kissing at his party last weekend.

Tears filled my eyes, I ran off the field and up to homeroom. But how did Justin get Hayes' phone?