chapter 4

I looked at the text message...

UNKOWN: you think Hayes likes you? haha funny! your a slut that needs a life.

I responded,

ME: I don't think that...

I looked around to see who it was, no one was on their phone, just stuffing their faces with food and such.

*vibrate*

I instantly checked my phone.

UNK: yes you do and you know that you like him

I got scared. did this person find me out? I got up and ran away, I ran straight to the other side of the cafeteria into a corner, it was cold and isolated I liked it here.

don't cry don't you even cry, its probably just a prank its ok....

I couldn't help it I tear streamed down my cheek, then I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I'm scared, who's hand is that? hopefully not Justin's, maybe it's Hayes.

"Payton? Are you okay?" the voice sounded familiar, I just nodded and whipped my tears.

"Yeah, its all good I'm fine, it's all fine." my voice was raspy, my nose was tingly. I tuned around to see who it was, Casey.

"OH MY GOD! DONT CRY!! WHATS WRONG?!?! TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME!." she yelled while jumping up and down, I chuckled and whipped my eyes for the second time.

I saw Ana got up, with the rest of our friend group; Jasmine, Delilah, Sarah, etc...

" honey don't cry." Ana said in her motherly tone. I laughed again.

" It's good we got you laughing, now what made you cry?" Delilah asked.

"It's nothing, well I can't really tell you right now, but, but-"

"SECRETS SECRETS ARE NO FUN UNLESS YOU SHARE WITH EVERYONE!" Jaz sung,

"I don't know too much of what it is myself, but once I do ill tell you guys, okay?" they all nodded we walked back to our lunch table, my eyes still red and puffy started to fill up with tears again once I read the next text message...

UNK: you little baby, crying nice move, maybe that's why Hayes doesn't like you, SLUT.

I just wiped my eyes for what the 3rd time in two minutes?

" Ana... you still like Justin, right?" im worried for her,

"umm yeah, of course why wouldn't I?" she took a bite out of her banana.

"No reason, just asking," Casey gave a stern look, I knew what she meant but I just cant tell Ana just yet.

"Mhmm, so what's with you and pretty boy?" I turned around at Hayes's table, he looking at me.

"We'll find out, right about now." I got up from my chair, walked over to the garbage can nearest to Hayes to 'throw away' my bag of chips. He also got up and walked towards me, my eyes were still puffy.

"Hey Payton, want to work at my house? You know for the project." He looked nervous, his hands were in his pockets, he didn't make direct eye contact, and he was rocking back and forth.

"Uh yeah sure, what time should I come over?" I tried to hide my nervousness.

"Maybe we can just walk there, together?"

ME AND HAYES WALKIG TOGETHER? ALONE ON THE STREETS!!!!!!

"sounds like a plan," I chuckled and he chuckled back.

I noticed that Hayes kept getting closer, and closer to me.

"Well im gonna go now" as I walked away, Hayes grabbed my arm, he pulled me into a tight hug.

He smells really good.

I felt someone watching us.