chapter 32

Hayes' tears hit my shoulders and I felt my eyes grow red an puffy.
I don't know how to tell him. I don't remember the memories...

he planted a soft kiss on my forehead.
I remember his touch, I remember his face, but the memories we shared... gone.

It's not just his that I can't remember.

It's everyone's, from the last couple weeks.
I remember faces, no names, no memories.

I just wanna cry.

my eyes build up with more tears, as they stream down my face.

"baby girl. it's okay I'm here now." He said as his fingers trailed in my hair.

he took me into his arms, and the tears streamed down.

"I need to ask you something." I blurted out covering my mouth after asking.

"What is it is beautiful?" His eyes looked deep into mine.

"Umm... how long have we been dating? When did I meet you? Do I actually love you?" I mumbled the last couple words trying harder than ever not to let him hear the fear in my voice.

"your joking with me right?" His voice got raspy and scared.

"No. I'm not. I'm so sorry." I sat closer to him putting my head down onto his shoulder.

I felt his eyes look upon me, and I felt safe, with a boy I don't even remember.

"I asked you out a couple weeks ago, I hope you still love me. Please say you do. Do you remember?"

"no I'm so sorry."

He stormed out of the room leaving me to cry even harder than before.

then another boy walked into the room, a boy that I only remember seeing on a phone screen months and months ago.

"Hi gorgeous," his voice was soft and kind. Like music to my ears.

I lifted my head up from my hands and wiped my tears, not Turning my head to look at him.

"It's okay I'm not going to hurt you."

"that sounds like something a rapist would say." me and him both laugh a little.

He sits down next to me, but I still haven't looked at him.

"Your very funny, you know that?" He says making me smile.

"Thank you." I mumble in fear.

"Hayes is a very lucky boy, very very lucky to have you in his life."

A single tear streams down my face, as I go to wipe it his hands turn me to him and it wipes it for me.

I smile, as he puts his hand out for me to shake it.

"Hi my name is Shawn Mendes," And as I go to shake his hand his lips plant onto mine.