chapter 17

hey I'm sorry I haven't updated........ but once again this is gonna be kinda short since it's from my phone, and there might be some typos. -Evetta

"Hi Ava" Hayes said while waving his hand.

she ran up to him and hugged him. I looked at the hug with the biggest eyes, Hayes mouthed I don't know why she's here, I mouthed back; ask her.

Hayes pulled her out of the hug, she flipped her long blonde hair and batted her eyelashes.

"why are you here?" Nash blurted out. me and hayes both chuckled.

"oh that's an easy answer. my house is having a renovation and they got up to my room so I'm staying with my grandma who lives next door."

"doesn't explain why your here," Hayes was looking at me while he said it.

"my grandma said; there's a boy who lives next door who is about your age so you should become friends, and I like what I see."

I rolled my eyes and ran up the stairs to Hayes's room.

I wasn't jealous well at least I mean I think I'm not, me and Hayes aren't even dating, he never asked me out.

we're more like friends with benefits in a way.

I was alone in Hayes's room for another 10 minutes, I just sat on his bed. I heard the front door shut. Shit.

Hayes was gonna come up stairs and ask me all these questions. I just don't have the answers for them.

"Pay? why'd you leave?" he had worry in his voice.

"no reason I just didn't feel wanted."

" I wanted you there."

" but did Ava?" he looked down at the floor in complete silence. "exactly."

"Maybe Ava doesn't like you, but I do."

"It wasn't your choice at that moment if I stayed, it was mine."

Hayes sat down next to me on the bed. he's about 3 inches taller than me, I looked up to his crystal blue eyes.

we sat in complete silence, no words, no loud breaths.

silence.

I broke it. "What did you and Ava talk about?"

"Promise you won't get mad?"

"what happened?"

" well she said asked me if me and you were a thing, I said it's complicated."

" then what?" I was getting nervous, are they dating now? does Hayes not love me anymore?

"She said that I could do so much better than you, and I should date someone more popular. like herself."

I felt my nose get tingly and my throat dry up. no one but that anon texter has ever been so rude to me.

**HAYES POV**

I didn't want to tell her because I knew she would get sad, but I didn't want to keep it from her.

"Hayes, I think I'm gonna go home. it's getting late my mom is probably worried, I'll see you at the party tomorrow."

she picked up her penny board wiped her eyes and walked out of my room.

"No Payton, stay here, watch a movie with me,"

"Hayes I can't I'm sorry."

"Why not?"

she turned around to me her eyes tearing up.

"Because all of what Ava said is true. It's 100% true. YOU can do so much better than me, YOU can get any girl you want, and when YOU'RE done with me, YOULL most likely go after Ava, and I'll just be me. The girl In school who no one cares to notice half the time."

at this point she was sobbing, I walked in front of her and wiped her tears with my thumb.

"That's the most ridiculous thing you have ever said." I lifted her chin and planted a soft kiss on her lips. When we parted she ran off out the door.

Why? I saw her phone buzz and when she opened the text she was scared. something didn't seem right.

**PAYTONS POV**

Hayes kissed me. I was happy for those 3 seconds until I got a text.

unknown: Think your gonna get Hayes to like you? funny funny girl. hayes is proabaly taking pity on your little life. have fun at the party. watch out. I'll be there.

I called my mom to pick me up, tomorrow is the party, and I might just figure out who this person is.

ps. I GOT HOME FROM VACATION.. I'm still on break though so more chapters coming your way!