chapter 7

Hayes flipped me over his back and started spinning me,

"DUDE PUT ME DOWN" I was yelling and slapping his back

"Naw I'm good," he chuckled I kept hitting his back until he set me down on the bed.

we were both heavily breathing and he was hovering over me, his beautiful blue eyes were staring down at me, I felt like he was staring Into my soul it was weird.

**Hayes POV**

She was beautiful, I wanted to kiss her so badly... this was the perfect timing.

I leaned down and she escaped my body she got up and walked over to her bag again.

"please don't pick me up again." I was sitting on the bed,

"no promises" i was swaying my feet under my bed.

"HAYES BENJAMIN GRIER GET DOWN STAIRS NOW" oh shit my mom was home.

Payton looked at me and lifted an eyebrow,

"Your middle names Benjamin?"

"Like yours is any better," I rolled my eyes and ran down the stairs.

"what mom?"

"dial down your attitude, and is that a girl in your room?"

"umm yeah we're working on a project for social studies"

" Hayes do not do anything inappropriate," she looked at me and winked.

I gave out a little gag,

"MOM REALLY IM 13 WHAT AM I GONNA DO?"

" just saying."

I ran back up stairs, to see Nash talking to Payton.

"Hey dick face" she said while getting up from my bed. I just pointed my finger at the door and he left.

"so let's get to work" I insisted.

I pulled up a chair for Payton, and we opened up Microsoft word.

"okay, so I thought we could do our paper on Auschwitz, the concentration camp" she was flipping through her notes, she has really neat handwriting.

"Well that sounds good,"

she leaned over me and typed up the title, when she was sitting back down I couldn't help it but I kissed her cheek.

I saw she was turning pink,

"I'm sorry Payton, I-I have no excuse,"

we both chuckled.

"remember that question I wanted to ask you?
"yeah I remember. what is it?" she tilted her head to the side it was adorable,

"well, you know my friend Blake?" she nodded her head, "well he's having a party this Saturday, and I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?" I felt my cheeks start to turn bright pink.

**Payton's POV"

hayes. grier. the most popular kid in my grade, asking me, not popular to go with him to a party.

"well- um- I'll have to think about it, but it sounds fun" I was biting my lip, something I do when I'm nervous.

"so just tell me your answer, like soon."

I just nodded my head.

2 hours went by and we finished our introduction, and first body paragraph.

"okay so I'm gonna call my mom to pick me up." I went to reach for my phone but Hayes stopped me.

"no c'mon stay we can do the rest of our homework together" he was holding onto my hand, trying to pull me away from my phone

"ugh fine if I have to. just let me text my mom and tell her I'll stay for another hour."

Hayes let go of my hand and walked around to see over my shoulder.

Me: hey mom I'm gonna stay at hayes' for another hour just to finish hw so just pick me up at like 630-7

I turned to the shoulder Hayes was looking over,

"Do  you need something?" I had a little sass in my voice

"nope nothing, just making sure your not gonna try and runaway from me."

I rolled my eyes and got up from the chair,

"ok so what homework do you wanna do?"

"really? don't you remember?"

"oh shit, yeah they didn't give us homework to focus on the paper since it's 45% of our grade"

"yeah so wanna watch a movie in the basement?"

"yeah sure why not"

we walked down the stairs, and down the basement stairs Hayes put his around me, I nestled up. everything felt perfect until Hayes got a text, I felt a tear roll down my eye. why did the text message say "hey babe😘" and why was it from Jaz.

Hayes put his thumb on my eye and wiped my tear,

I removed his hand from my shoulder and sat on the other side of the coach.

"what's wrong?"

"I saw the text" my voice was raspy

"from Jaz? well, um, I broke up with her a while ago, she won't let go of it."

"YOU DATED?!" I was about to run home

"well yeah for like a week. That's it."

"bull, fucking bull"

"I'm serious, please trust me,"

I turned my head away, and I felt a breath on my neck.

I turned back and all I felt at that moment was my first kiss.