Chapter 2

Cats were all talking at once in worry and panic. "Everyone! Settle down!" Jaggedtooth yowled.
Sunsetclaw stepped forward. "How can we settle down?! Our leaders were captured by strange cats while on patrol!" He called.
"My mom's in trouble!" Windfur yowled.
"So is our dad!" Hazelheart put in, standing beside Leafpelt and Lighhspot.
"And my dad!" Chara of AshClan spoke up worriedly, as she was being comforted by her other father, Yellowheart.
"You all don't think I'm worried about my mate?" Blazetoe called from where she sat. "Everyone! Bunch up!" Darkshadow yowled. Cats snapped their jaws shut. "We will get to the bottom of this. Senior warriors, take your Clanmates back to camp." He meowed. Blackpelt of AshClan raised his tail. "Mentors, take your apprentices and do a high search on the forest and tell us what happened on the tasks you were doing while your leaders were captured." He added. Cats were moving about. Littlepaw had never seen so many cats moving in one place before. And so quickly too. "Hi." Mewed a soft voice. A white and black spotted apprentice stared at her. "M-my name's Specklepaw. What's your name?" They asked. "I'm Littlepaw," she meowed, shuffling her paws awkwardly.
"Nice to meet you." They mewed.
"Specklepaw." Called a voice. "That's my mom." They turned and walked away. "O-oh, goodbye," Littlepaw meowed, staring down at her paws.
"You met Specklepaw of ScarClan?" It was another one of the apprentices, Gorsepaw, a gray she-cat. And an AshClan apprentice. "He's so weird." She wrinkled her nose.
"No he isn't." Meowed another apprentice. It was a ginger tabby apprentice.
"He seems nice," Littlepaw defended, blinking in confusion. "How's he weird?" She asked, tilting her head.
"I heard he's unlike any cat in the forest." Gorsepaw meowed.
"Isn't everycat like that?" Scorchpaw asked his sister.
"Not like that apprentice." Gorsepaw replied. "Hey! That's my brother you're talking about!" Called a cat.
Littlepaw shuffled his paws awkwardly, unsure if he should speak up. Three apprentices walked forward. Two toms and she-cat. "Hey Eelpaw. I was just talking to Littlepaw about your weird brother." Gorsepaw snorted. The black apprentice bristled. "Leave my brother alone!" He barreled into her.
The two apprentices were fighting. Eelpaw, clawed at her nose. She shrieked out in pain. A white and black stripped apprentice hauled him off. "We only wanted to scare her! Not rip her nose off!" He muttered.
"No one calls Specklepaw weird! He's still my brother!" Eelpaw growled and padded away. Littlepaw froze, shocked. "Calm down!" She meowed and tried to butt in between them. Specklepaw was looking down at his paws, his tail to the ground and ears flat.
"I heard Specklepaw was a she-cat now a tom." Gorsepaw meowed as she hauled herself up.
"What's wrong with that?" Littlepaw asked, her ear twitching.
"It's weird." She replied with a snort. Was that all she was going to say?
"You're weird." Littlepaw grunted in reply, looking away.
Lynxpaw padded beside her. "What was that about? I heard a shout." She mewed.
"That apprentice seems to have raised on tales of cats who seem to thing not knowing respect is okay." Littlepaw mewed, shuffling her paws once again.
"That fight just started getting good!" Chirped Cloverpaw, appearing beside them.
"Come on you all, Leafpelt's taking us back to camp." Meowed Sorrelheart herding them forward.
Littlepaw glanced around, standing up. The cats told to patrol all dispersed while their Clanmates left for their own Clans. Littlepaw walked beside her sister and aunt and cousins back to the camp.