Chapter 5

Littlepaw opened her eyes to light seeping in the den. A growl rumbled in her throat and she hauled herself up. The camp was moving with activity as Darkshadow called a Clan meeting. Jaggedtooth as well, the WolfClan and ViperClan cats holding an eagerness unlike anything Littlepaw had seen.
"Everyone! We have only just begun to interrogate our prisoner further." Darkshadow flicked his tail to Boarclaw, who seemed to not notice all of the eyes on him.
"Creaky old mange-pelt! He hasn't told us anything!" Creekfur growled.
"Maybe my claws in his eyes will change that.." Fallentooth growled as his talons unsheathed. "There's no need for aggression. I could tell you what you want to know peacefully. Clan cats, so kit like." The big tom rolled his eyes. Lightspot curled her lip. "So why don't you?" She growled through gritted teeth.
"Then what I came here to do wouldn't be as much fun." Boarclaw replied.
"And would you so kindly tell us what that is?" Lizardstep asked, his tone growing more and more in fury, his stubby tail twitching in annoyance.
The tabby tom tipped his head to one side. "I don't have to justify myself to a lot of savages." He flicked his tail.
"Listen you mouse-brained lump of fur! I don't care if I rip out your entrails until you talk! We want answers!" Jaggedtooth growled, revealing sharp teeth.
"I don't know why you bother threatening him. It's obvious he won't respond. I say we let him go." Bluejay meowed to Darkshadow and Jaggedtooth.
"Are you mad? He's our only way of finding out where Feralstar and and my mother are!" Sedgeclaw growled. The older she-cat came nose to nose with him, but flicked her tail and walked away to stand beside her mate once again.
Littlepaw blinked at what was going on in front of her. How long would this go on for? It seemed that out of every cat in the two conjoined Clans, the kin of the two missing leaders seemed the most worried. Lightspot especially, there was concern in her amber eyes. Darkshadow gazed at his sister and flattened his ears, turning back to the other cats and growled. "They're right though," he hissed. "It's the only way to get our leaders back..."
"Where's some prey?" He asked, looking around camp as if he were a bored kit. "For StarClan's sake will this cat stop talking?" Duststripe meowed.
"Why don't we give him to ScarClan's little fox friend?" Leafpelt looked to his uncle. At that, Boarclaw's eyes widened. "You wouldn't!" He yowled, his voice giving a hint of fear. They had got his attention! At long last too. Jaggedtooth exchanged a glance with the WolfClan deputy. "I think we found our way of getting our much valued information. Wouldn't you agree Darkshadow?" He purred mischievously. Darkshadow narrowed his green eyes and nodded. "Mhm.. It seems so." he murmured peering at Jaggedtooth.
"You wouldn't dare feed me to a fox! You need me!" Boarclaw told them.
"You won't tell us what we need to know." Petaldust pointed out, flicking her almond colored tail.
"So why should we care what happens to you if you won't bother telling?" Larchwing asked. "Y-you'll never get me to talk! Never!" Boarclaw declared.
Jaggedtooth looked at Darkshadow, waiting for him to give him the go ahead to send a patrol to fetch ScarClan and their fox Poppyheart. Littlepaw blinked through wide anxious eyes, her heartbeat quickening with anticipation. Darkshadow gave a dip of his head. "Bring our dear friends over." He meowed as he slowly turned to look at Boarclaw.