Chapter 6

When Hazelheart, Lynxpaw, Lightspot, Nightriver, Sageheart, Ravenwing, Larkstep, and Beetleflight returned to the WolfClan border with a band of ScarClan warriors and their apprentices, Goldenheart was guiding Poppyheart with a piece of fresh kill. "That's right!" She purred to the russet furred creature. "You Clans are crazy!" Boarclaw shrieked. "Now I wouldn't insult us. If you want Poppyheart here to rip your rear off." Brightstripe meowed, lashing her ginger tabby tail.
The fox growled at the tom, almost as if he recognized that the strange cat was the enemy already.
"He's with the cats that took Slatestar." Goldenheart told him. Poppyheart growled at Boarclaw, his pointed snout revealing sharp fangs.
Boarclaw gazed around. Fear danced in his eyes. "Y-you wouldn't!" He yowled in terror. "Sick him." Blazetoe meowed. The fox snarled and ran forward in a flash. His bushy tail fluffed out behind him. The Clan fox pinned Boarclaw by his back, towering over him. "Tell us where our leaders are!" Beartooth demanded.
Poppyheart barked angrily. Boarclaw screeched and flinched. "Call off that flea-bag!" he spat squirming like a newborn kit.
"Do you promise to speak?" Jaggedtooth asked, lashing his brown tabby tail.
Boarclaw flattened his brown ears and struggled, try to move away from the fox. "If you get that flea-bag outta my face!" He wailed. "Poppyheart. Off." Silverwing ordered. The fox drew away.
"Tell us where Feralstar of WolfClan, Whitestar of ViperClan, and Slatestar of ScarClan are as well as the other Clan's leaders!" Ravenwing growled.
Boarclaw hissed as he got to his mighty paws. "What do they look like again?" he muttered. "Oh, well.." he paused looking at the fox again before opening his jaws. Poppyheart was devouring a rabbit. The patrols of the three Clans waited for the brown tabby rogue to talk. "I can't really explain where they are..." he hissed. "But I can take you there.." he meowed. The three deputies looked at each other.
"Finchflight, Stormclaw, fetch AshClan's deputy. Branchspots, Ivyleaf, get TimberClan's deputy. This is something we all should hear." Jaggedtooth meowed. The named cats nodded and raced away while Boarclaw looked at the cats and hissed softly.
"What about GlimpseClan?" Nightriver asked. "They're small enough as it is." Darkshadow replied. "They don't need our mess."
"But that's so unfair! Why should our clans have to loose our leaders but not them!" Ivorytail argued.
"You will obey orders.." Jaggedtooth hissed. Boarclaw narrowed his eyes at the cats and let out a long sigh.
"Yeah and being here with you is just the greatest piece of prey on the fresh kill pile.." Pebblefoot of ScarClan meowed. Blackrabbit and Sunblossom stood side by side, their pelts brushing. Boarclaw's hackles raised slightly and his throat rumbled threatning a snarl. The cats came back with the deputies of the other two Clans. "Who's this?" Blackpelt asked them, flicking his tail at Boarclaw.
"He knows where our leaders are!" Lynxpaw beamed in reply.
Leopardheart's eyes flashed. "Did he say?" She asked the other cats.
"He said he'd take us to them." Lightspot replied.
Boarclaw flicked an ear and looked at them. "Can we leave now?" He asked impatiently. Leopardheart had a patrol with her. As well as Blackpelt.
"Very well. We can leave. Take some of the others back to camp and see to them." Darkshadow meowed to Lightspot. His sister nodded and collected up the cats that weren't going with Darkshadow and the others. Branchspots did the same and followed after her with his ViperClan clanmates. Boarclaw waited for a second before Darkshadow had nodded and started leading the cats towards the forest.