Chapter 25

It seemed that the rain storm never stopped falling. But it was only a brief storm. Littlefur could hear the mewls of Cootwillow's kits. "All of that power from the sky, where does it come from mama?" Troutkit asked her mother. She gave a loving purr. "I do not know little one." She replied. Rushkit and his brother Longkit were playing with their mother's tail. Daisypetal sat by Ivorytail. "You don't think those rogues have finally given up on attacking us for a moment." Meowed the dark tan and brown she-cat.
Risingfroat drew near the she-cats. "Hi Ivorytail.. do-do you want to go hunting with me?" He asked sheepishly.
"Okay." Ivorytail meowed, seeing the white tom brighten up like the sun. Risingfrost smiled softly, his ears twitching.
Cloverstrike padded past them. Checking to make sure no cat was looking, he was about to exit the camp, until a cat stopped him. "Hey Cloverstrike." Beetleflight meowed. "Where are you going?" He asked his Clanmate. A look of panic quickly spread across his face but it went away. "A solo border patrol. You know, just making sure those rogues don't come here picking a fight of course." He meowed. Littlefur noticed she was trying hide his nervousness. "Oh alright. Be careful." The tom told him. "Littlefur. Follow him." It was Tiny, her spirit kit. She checked to lake sure no cat was noticing and slinked out of the camp after her brother. She silently trotted and it wasn't long before she spotted Cloverstrike's brown and gray pelt in sight. He seemed to be following the line of the border, not crossing over it. He stopped by the lake and waited.
"Hide." Tiny mewed in Littlefur's head. She nodded and hid inside some dense foliage. The ferns rustled and a black and white spotted cat appeared out of the undergrowth. "I wasn't followed. How about you?" He asked. Cloverstrike shook his head. "Of course I wasn't Specklepaw." He mewed kindly. It was the ScarClan apprentice that Littlefur met at that gathering just a time or so ago. But why did he still have his apprentice name if Littlefur and the other apprentices of the conjoined Clan did?
"My mom hates me.. I'm surprised you don't.." Specklepaw mewed, lowering his head. Cloverstrike touched his tail to the tom's shoulder. "Why would I hate you? Did you see the way you fought that dog?" He encouraged. "But I'm different!" Specklepaw wailed. "No cats likes different! I feel like no cat understands how I feel!" He looked into the WolfClan warrior's eyes. The tom opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. It seemed as if he had choked on a mouse tail.
"You just feel sorry for me!" Specklepaw mewed. "You hate me too! And now," he was cut off as Cloverstrike touched his nose to his. Specklepaw stared at him through wide eyes. "Would a cat who hates another cat do that?" The young warrior purred teasingly. He tapped the stunned tom's nose with his tail and bounded forward. A playful gleam in his eyes. Specklepaw gave his rump a shake and ran after Cloverstrike like an excited kit. Littlefur blinked looking confused. Should she intervene?
Let Cloverstrike have his fun... She silently slinked away back to camp.

It seemed as if the storm had died. It was only brief after all. Not doing anything to the Clan cats.
"We have to do something about the rogues." Redflame meowed.
"Yeah. They have no business here in the forest." Ravenwing put in.
The conjoined Clan cats were muttering in low anxious voices to each other. Dawnreed's kits would be here in two moons. More than enough time to get these rogues out of the forest before their lives were in danger. After hearing about Poolhawk's kits, she was practically as fierce as any queen when it came to her kits.
"I don't know what Whitestar and Feralstar were thinking." Branchspots rumbled.
"We should have killed that mange-pelt!" Shadowrip hissed.
"Bunch it!" Jaggedtooth snarled at them. Yarrowwhisker thrusted himself in the tabby tom's face. "You're not our deputy!" He sneered.
"I may be pregnant, but that doesn't mean I can't cuff one of you by the ears!" Dawnreed hissed from the nursery and Yarrowwhsiker backed away deeper into the crowd of cats. Whitestar looked to her deputy. "That won't be necessary Dawnreed," She meowed gently then turned to her Clanmates. "The next cat getting in a fit will have to check the dirtplace every sunrise for a moon." Her dark green eyes eyed each cat closely. They all shut themselves up. Feralstar rolled his eyes and sighed in exhaustion. Lightspot padded over to nuzzle him comfortingly. Littlefur suddenly began to bristle in fury, her eyes blazing. "Stop fighting! Stop it! There's no point! Stop it stop it!" She yowled in a voice that wasn't her own. All of the cats gasped. Feralstar ran over to her side to brush his tail along her flank. And Feralstar says "Please, calm down.." He mewed in a gentle and soft tone in a voice that wasn't his own as well. The WolfClan and ViperClan cats stared at them in confusion. They look at them in fear having no clue what was going on. And then it stopped.