Chapter 24

Foxstar leaped to address his Clan. "I know we lost Clawpelt. He was a good elder. And he will be missed." He meowed. A dog barked in the distance but the cats ignored it.
"Foxstar! We're under attack!" Kestrelbriar wailed.
"Darktalon.." Foxstar snarled. Darktalon skidded into their camp, his gaze scanning the clearing. His cats fled past him for the Clan cats.
"Lichenmask, Oaktail, Curltuft, Smokeclaw, defend the nursery!" Blackpelt ordered as he ran off to attack a cat.
"Wait!" Darktalon yowled. "I'm not here to fight."
"Well, why are you here?" Foxstar asked. The rogue cats weren't attacking them. They were... searching their camp. He stood still looking at Foxstar. "I'm looking for Boarclaw." He meowed.
"He's not been with us for a while." He meowed.
"Do we look like we keep your ragtag bunch in our camp?" Brackentail asked.
He rolled his eyes and meowed,"I don't know, I just thought I'd check."
"Don't scare us like that again." Emberpelt muttered, his ginger tail fluffed up.
"Considering what they did to TimberClan... I don't think us telling that is going to work now is it?" Slatepelt hissed at Darktalon. The black tom narrowed his eyes and snorted. Darktalon narrowed his eyes and snorted. A growl rumbled in Waspface's throat. Darktalon kept still, he didn't move from where he was standing.
"He's not here." Meowed one of his companions.
"How about that large one?" Meowed another one of his cats.
Darktalon tilted his head to one side.
"You know.. WolfyClan and SnakeClan or something.." they muttered.
"Well, I'll be going." He mewed.
"Good." Sharpfrost meowed harshly. He turned and with a flick of his tail, he headed out of the camp. His cats scurrying behind him.

Darktalon padded through the territory, his ears twitching. He looked around, moving swiftly through the grass. It didn't look like any patrols were around. He cautiously ducked as he neared the other camp. Four cats were sitting guard outside the camp entrance though.
"What now?" Hissed a rogue.
"Hold on, we need to slowly approach them, no need to alarm them you all." He answered. "Great, so that way we can have our last words before we die.." A cat in the small group muttered.
He padded forward and called out, "Uh, hello?"
The four cats guarding saw them. "Enemies!" Beetleflight hissed. But Bluejay tapped her tail to her son. "Wait.. they're not attacking us." She mewed.
"Greetings." Darktalon meowed, his tone cold as usual.
"What are you lot doing here?" Jayfang asked. "I'm looking for Boarclaw." He replied.
They stayed silent after they had heard the words.
"Well, have you seen him?" He asked.
"Depends. If we have him and we give him to you, do you promise to leave us alone?" Petaldust asked.
"Yes." He meowed impatiently. His claws gripping the grass.
After they talked in a quiet huddle for a moment, nodded and went into the camp. Darktalon's claws kneaded the ground, in restlessness. It was a while after they brought Boarclaw out. Feralstar and Whitestar had accompanied him.
"Now move off." Beechflight hissed in slight anger.
"Good day to you all." Darktalon meowed, he turned and started to walk away. The Clan cats watched them leave.
"I don't trust him for a moment." Jayfang rumbled.
"We'll be sure to have a border patrol stalking them to make sure they leave?" Feralstar meowed as he looked to Whitestar. She nodded her head. "My thoughts exactly." She mewed.