Fresh start indeed

I woke up to the sun shining brightly in my window. I shook my head at the LA sun. I missed NY but I seen no chance of going back to ma's now especially after what dad said to me last night. I sighed heavily in slung my legs out the bed putting on my slippers than headed to the bathroom in brushed my teeth and washed my face than I headed downstairs. Tray was visible but pops was not.

"Ay dad gone to work already?!", I asked as I grabbed a piece of toast in bit into it.

"Yeah, he had to do a early meeting and I believe he has to work", Tray replied not even looking up at me, he was to busy on his iPhone, "And uh...before I forget dad said school starts on Monday for you, so to be prepared he left you this".

Tray reached into his pocket in handed me $200.

"Pops said spend wisely".

I rolled my eyes in grabbed another toast than went to my room to get dressed for the day. Seeing as it was a Saturday made this a whole lot easier. I took my hair clip  not wanting to wet my hair in the shower. After soaking and scrubbing, I  hopped out throwing on my towel. Heading to the box of clothes I didn't unpack yet, I grabbed some black jeans, a blue top that had a black skull in the center and to top it off my blue chucks. I modeled in the mirror for a minute, being pleased with my appearance I headed back down stairs to see Tray heading outside.

"Where are you going?"

"Oh did I forget to mention, I have a life, see ya sis".

I smirked in headed out right behind him. Locking the door I saw Tray hop into a blue car, I wasn't surprised when I looked closer. A female was in the drivers seat. Figures. I waved goodbye to him in headed to the mall. I knew where the area was because as we drove to the new house, we passed a shopping mall just two blocks away. That was convenient. I smiled at the huge building in front of me as I got near. Starring so hard I didnt even realize that someone was staring at me.

There stood a guy. Brown skinned with hazel eyes. He wore a hoodie and blue jeans. His shoes were Adidas. He finally approached me.

"Damn you looking goood".

I said nothing but stare at him.

"Can I get a name sexy?".

"Umm."

"Well umm is fly but I doubt it's your name".

I thought it was pretty funny so I had to laugh which made him laugh too.

"Okay okay so I get a laugh out of you, that'll work".

I smiled in stuck out my hand.

"I'm Lucky, nice to meet you".

" I'm James and its very nice to meet you".

He shook my hand and planted a kiss on it, I was going to pull away but I liked the gesture. James and I spoke for awhile, he let me know he goes to Wire High School the school he was hoping that I'll be attending. I was quite happy, I made my first friend and before I headed inside the mall, we exchanged numbers and I went in. Once I was in, I was in heaven. The mall was huge and pretty. I checked every store first before actually purchasing anything, once I bought my stuff I headed back out to see James still in front but this time he wasn't alone. James was standing in the front of the mall with 3 other guys, two dark skinned and one light skin. I was going to just continue walking, that was until James stopped me.

"Hey Lucky, come here, these are my boys, Trevor, Dennis, and Jamal. Why don't you come hang out with us".

  I stood there thinking the worst.

Oh my god there going to try in rape me, I thought to myself but I knew I was thinking too much and this was my only new friend and chance at being cool so I agreed to go with them, once we got there, the house was really just a kickback chill spot.

I sighed in relief.

"So James told us you might be joining The Wire", asked Dennis passing everyone a coke.

I nodded in thanked him.

"You'll be the sexiest Mexican we had!", said Trevor excited.

I snapped, "Uh no puta I'm Puerto Rican, please don't confuse the two!".

Everyone stared at me in it was quiet for a moment til James broke it with laughter.

"Aahhaahaaaa she got yo ass bruh!".

I smiled and everyone else laughed too. Dennis glared at me but then laughed too.

"Yeaa yeah Shawty got balls".

For the rest of the day we ended up getting to know each other more and I couldn't believe it but I was finally feeling like I belonged.