1. i wished for you,

Kian's POV:

"Really that's how it's going to be?" A small sigh escaping her lips as my eyes stay focused on them for a moment. "Kian? Wake up!" Meredith says, snapping her fingers in my face. I became startled for a moment, shaking my head "What?"

"What? What!? I've been staring at you for to long to get an answer as in 'what?' Is this how it's going to be? You're going to ignore me to see if this disappears?" Meredith' voice became quiet as her eyes didn't move from me.

I take a deep breath, before looking around my room rubbing my now bald head. My room not quite as clean as I'd like, but life gets in the way of cleaning.I know I should probably start picking up a article of clothing here and there everyday and it will eventually get me to a cleaner room, but once again life hits me like a truck with spikes in front of it. My eyes lead straight back to Meredith, who is across from me on my bed as I sit in the desk chair. Allowing my hands to dangle on the ends of the arm rests, sitting up more trying to think of something to say.

After a few seconds I eventually clear my voice before speaking "It's nothing crazy. I just hung out with a few friends last night, had a drink or two, thats all." shrugging at the end of the response. A obnoxious short laugh was let out of Meredith's mouth as she shakes her head, "So since when has Layla been your friend? Have you guys magically decided it's a great time to start talking cause I'm not there?" "I didn't know Layla would be there, she was just there and we just chatted for a few minutes, nothing else happened." I say holding my hand out to Meredith to show her whom I moved on to with.

"It's not that fucking simple Kian, that's your ex, and should be an ex that you don't talk to or deal with ever once being broken up." Meredith says, starting to get frustrated as she closes her eyes for a brief moment, then opening them as she looks at her lap. "I can't trust you if you're going to talk to her and your going to allow her to talk to you, she crushed you like a bug Kian. Why would you even want to be near her negative self again?" Meredith asks, her voice staying at a strong tone, not breaking at any point of this so called argument.

"Babe, there isn't anything wrong with her, why can't you understand that? She's still this amazing person everyone is friends with, plus I didn't want to be a party pooper during a good ti-"

Meredith immediately cuts me off as she stands waving her hands as she has had enough. "You're defending her, for what reason? She treated you like shit left you on the side and didn't care if your heart was ripped into a million pieces, she just stopped talking to you."

My eyes look away from Meredith for a moment, "I grew up and got fucking over it. I was eighteen and didn't know what I was even doing, I just discovered who I was. I mean I was a bitch. Just being eighteen I was a baby, I wanted everything to circle around me and once Layla left. I was fucked cause I didn't have her to snap me out of that ridiculous behavior." I say with a slight laugh, shrugging my shoulders.

"So what? Now you want to get back together with her because everything is okay again? You know what, fuck you Kian!" Meredith says through her teeth grabbing her jacket and bag before quickly exiting the room. "Mere...wait please." I say standing up quickly beginning to follow.

"No, I'm tired of waiting. I'm tired of waiting for you to give me the attention. It's all about you Kian isn't it? Just fuck off and don't bother talking to me." Meredith says, her voice now sounding wavy, possibly from the tears beginning down her face once she left the bedroom. I stop just at the top of the stairs. Watching as she quickly goes down the steps and vanishing out of my view before the front door opens and slams closed.

"Fuck! fuck fuck fuck," I groan, rubbing my face roughly as I make my way back to the bedroom, slamming the door shut.

This could be it, Meredith doesn't want to be with me any more. But, we always tend to have our moments some more aggressive than others. And I either go back to her or she comes to me.

I make my way over to the bed, climbing onto it as I lay on my stomach. Looking around before reaching for my phone on the night stand. Skimming through the notifications from all media. Trying to get my mind off it. My thoughts still scrambled from the fight, it was to long, I didn't know what to say, Meredith's voice still fresh in my mind. Locking my phone, I toss it across from me on the bed.

It's all about last night, I always tend to do something wrong. Say the wrong thing, do the wrong thing. Usually I know when I do something wrong but talking to Layla last night I knew it wasn't wrong.

Talking to her again, was like talking to her for the first time. Her damn smile, that's what killed me and I caved in to talk to her.

Layla had grown out her hair, still the same brown hair, her eyes seemed to sparkle so much more. She was happy now, she didn't have anything holding her back. I was happy for her, we talked about life for only ten minutes than a picture was taken of us with our group of friends. Which Meredith seemed to find and get upset over.

Things are complicated, I always say I would want a break with her, but she refused. Meredith never wanting to because it'll ruin the relationship and we'll never get back together. But, some people say she's just hungry for fame, which I can't disagree. I'm not the most popular guy out there, but I've made good life choices for myself.

I turn my body slowly, laying on my back now. My eyes stare at the ceiling, before my hand reaches for my phone. Opening up twitter as I begin to scroll, something usually inspiring me to tweet. Layla's twitter popped up. Clicking it I scan the profile slowly, as a tweet catches my eye.

Layla Nichols @LaylaGrace • 4/1/17
I always hate when you wish for something and it never comes true!😭

I smirked, before I begin to seriously think of what I wished for and it didn't come true. I wished to be successful, it happened, and is still happening. I wished to win a game when I was younger and I got it.

My finger grazes over the feather button, pressing it and reading the faint sentence, ' What's happening?'

A lot is happening, that's what's happening.

I sigh before typing, staring at the text for a moment before clicking 'tweet.' Chewing my inner cheek, I begin to have seconds thoughts; but I leave it.

Kian Lawley @KianLawley • 0s
i wished for you

Locking my phone and throwing it besides me once again, closing my eyes, not wanting to open them.

~~~~~
Authors note: So chapter one is done! If you like it please comment and vote for it, would mean a lot, lets me know if I should write another chapter!! Thank you for reading if you got to the end!! xo

Also -- I have nothing against Meredith, so just a disclaimer!