22. old friends,

Layla's POV

It was so silent and somehow the big house seemed ten times smaller.

I could feel my chest rising up and down quicker, I can't panic. Not now.

"You and...you?" Jc says slowly, pointing at Kian and then me, "wait." he says with a confused laugh shaking his head.

I open my mouth to speak, but somehow my voice wasn't appearing.

Kian walks over to me placing his hand on my back, to give some type of comfort "It just happened dude, we wer-" he stops speaking as he gets distracted as Jc's door opens slowly behind Jc.

"What the? Alaina?" I say out loud, confused once getting full view of whom was popping out of the door.

Kian looks over at me, as Jc looks over at Alaina now standing outside the door. "Layla Nichols." Alaina says with a smile.

"Wait, you guys know each other?" Jc asks, keeping his eyes on Alaina, before looking over at me.

"What?! Of course we do! we were buds in college, yet we had different majors so we separated slowly, but surely. " I say quickly going over to her and hugging her tightly.

"How have you been? You look amazing, what the hell!" Alaina says pulling back to get a full look of my body as I laugh, shaking my head quickly.

"Girl look at you right now, in Jc's fucking t-shirt." I say tugging at the loose material, smirking, the shirt just by her knees.

"What? thought it was cute, plus he seems to have more clothes than me anyhow."

We both laugh, Jc then clears his throat, "I'm still here."

"Oh!" Alaina says, and I turn to look at both Kian and Jc who stand besides each other.

Kian in just his boxers, holding both his hands in front of himself to not show any buldge, smiling slightly at Alaina.

Jc looked like he pulled on what he found on the floor, black sweats and some green t-shirt, his hair an absolute mess.

"So you guys know each other?" Kian asks.

"Yeah," Alaina and I say at the same time before looking at each other and laughing, "we are literally still the same," I say with a smirk.

"Perfect..." Jc says with an awkward laugh.

"And who is this?" Alaina says now eyeing Kian.

"Kian." Kian says quietly, with a small smile, yet it slightly fades away once Alaina looks away.

It gets quiet for a moment, as everyone wasn't sure what to say. all of us basically standing around in a
circle waiting for someone to speak.

"Well, I'm starving so i'm going to eat breakfast." Jc claps his hands.

We all nod, "Alright let's go." Alaina says with a small smile. Nudging Jc towards the stairs.

Once the two left, there was only two remaining. Kian holds my phone out, and I smile taking it, "Thanks."

"You know next time I think we're gonna need to make sure the house is empty." Kian says with a laugh.

"What makes you think there will be a next time?" I widen my eyes at him, holding back a smirk.

"Well if you continue to walk around in underwear, next time will be very soon." he says pointing out that i'm still in underwear.

"Oh fuck, I forgot." I say shaking my head quickly with a groan. Pushing past him and to my door entering the code quickly, "Now i'm fucking embarrassed, literally didn't expect to see Alaina." I whisper.