35. big mistake,

Layla's POV

You would think by now I'd be over Kian.

But, I'm not.

My eyes close shut as I feel the other side of the bed dip down. A hand sliding onto my waist, pulling me closer to them. Their body heat radiating off and onto my cold body sending goosebumps down my spine. Their lips press gently to my bare shoulder, leaving multiple gentle kisses.

Wanting to seem like nothing was wrong as I didn't answer the multiple texts or phone calls sent to my phone with every ding and ring, that was not answered. I counted a total of 12.

I pretend to slowly wake up, and turn my head to come face to face with Brandon. A smile slowly appears on his face, "I thought you had died or something." He chuckles. "I kept trying to reach you by your phone, but once I checked the time I realized you're probably taking a afternoon nap."

I began to adjust myself to waking up earlier than probably your average person, everyday at 5am. I like to get myself ready for the day, go to the gym, maybe grab a coffee, shower, all the normal morning things. It only being 8am once I finish.

"I figured I'd let myself in and not ring the doorbell." he continues, and I nod my head, turning my head back to facing the window. There is a silence in the room, Brandon's arm still wrapped around me tightly. He moves himself closer to me, placing his chin on my shoulder. His stubble slightly tickling my skin, I close my eyes and let out a sigh.

"Everything okay?" Brandon's voice filling the room. I open my eyes and stare out the window, seeing all the buildings that makes up LA as being on the 15th floor of a apartment complex you see quite a lot.

I nudge my shoulder slightly, so he lifts his head off me. Turning my body slowly to face him, looking over his face. He had beautiful hazel eyes, his bone structure only something you think Michelangelo can carve out, his lips plump with the gentle color of pink. His hair was had some length to it and curled just perfectly as his five o-clock shadow was something that made you weak to your knees.

Leaning forward I press my lips to his, trying to make any conversation die down. Pushing his back flat down on the bed as I climb on top of him, our lips not parting. His hands glide up my bare legs and to my shorts. I break the kiss and move lips down slowly to his neck. "I'm guessing everything is okay." He says, I can almost hear the smirk across his face as he speaks.

His hands gliding to my ass and squeezing roughly, once I gently bite at a sensitive part of his skin. Immediately Brandon switches positions, laying me flat on the bed as he hovers over me.

Time moves quickly, too quickly for that matter. I hold the blanket tightly to my bare body, staring up at the ceiling.

"That was amazing baby." Brandon says, kissing my cheek before climbing off the bed, "I'm going to take a quick shower. I'll be right back."

I continue to stare up at the ceiling, not sure what to think. I continue to feel nothing with Brandon, as the spark occurs but goes out immediately. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, maybe I need to do something differently.

I'm not over Kian. I'm not over Kian. I'm not over Kian. I'm not over Kian. I'm not over Kian.

My phone begins to ring and I sit up quickly, holding my blanket to my chest, as I lean over and grab my phone. I smile, seeing a picture of Franny and I hugging each other tightly as her photo.

"Hello?" I answer trying to sound as cheerful as possible.

"Layla! I'm going over to Bob's wanna come with me? I figured I'd call cause I wasn't sure if you were asleep." She says with a slight laugh. I smile, glancing at the open bedroom door, hearing the shower running. "I'm with Brandon." I say brining my attention back to Franny.