~Switching moods~

-Tyler's POV-

The thing that I told Josh was 'stupid' was my music. I have never told anyone about it, not even Jenna. I'm afraid that if someone reads the lyrics they will find out about the voices in my head, my thoughts, how I feel. I didn't want that to happen so I just kept it a secret.

Of course people knew I played the piano and ukelele, I didn't care if they found that out, I just didn't want them to know I wrote lyrics to the music I play.

Josh ended up dropping the topic and the day went on normally. After school ended we exchanged numbers and went our separate ways to our cars.

When I got home I went straight to my room and started my homework. Halfway through I got bored so I went outside to play basketball.

A couple minutes after I started playing my phone vibrated in my pocket. I took it out and smiled when I saw it was a text from Josh.

Josh: I'm boooorred

Me: that's not my problem

Josh: rude much?

Me: yes.

Josh: I'm rolling my eyes right now.

Me: good 4 u

Josh: whatever. What's my name in your contacts?

Me: uh josh?

Josh: yours is Tyler the taco

Me: ...what

Josh: u said u like taco bell so i took the opportunity.

Me: no jish, just no

Josh: jish?

Me: it was a typo but sure. Let's just go with that. Your jishy now.

Jishy: ...it sounds like a fish name.

Me: Jishy the drum fish.

Jishy: ok that was corny.

Me: I know. I'm gonna go play basketball.

Jishy: don't leave me

Me: bye jishy

I turned my phone off and stuck it back in my pocket. I played basketball a little longer until my mom pulled up in the driveway. She got out and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Hi Tyler, how was your day?"

"It was good." I say with an actual smile. My mom realized this because she looked surprised at first but then smiled.

"That's great Tyler, can you help me bring these bags in please?"

"Sure." We bring the bags into the house and mom starts to cook dinner while I go down to the basement. I sit at the piano and start playing. I wasn't playing anything in particular, just hitting random keys.

After a while it actually started to sound really good, then I started to sing lyrics I had wrote a little while ago.

"Hello, we haven't talked in quite some time.

I know, I haven't been the best...of sons although I've been traveling the deserts of my mind

And I haven't found a-"

"Tyler! Come eat!"

I sigh and leave the basement and go to the kitchen.

I sit down at the table across from my mom where my plate was already made for me. I picked up my fork and ate a little before my mom started talking.