Chapter 4

The next day, at work:
"A rose for my sweet. What're ya up to? " he asked charmingly, handing his busy receptionist a long stemmed red rose which he'd been clenching between his teeth like some lothario, hoping to catch her attention. "Sendin your mum a Valentine, the ol fashioned way. The last time, I sent her an email an' she replied that she'd rather her son send her a handwritten letter if he really cared bout her. Look good? " she replied, asking his opinion as she held up a neatly written, heart shaped card. "Brilliant! Mum's gonna love it! Ever since dad's passin, I've always made sure she feels loved. The poor woman's all bored an' alone in that tiny cottage in the Highlands." he recounted, perching onto her desk while she listened intently. "If you ask me, it's a bit strange...a grown man sending his mum a Valentine! It's a holiday for lovers, isn't it? " she muttered. "Well, to me, my mum's the one true love in my life." he defended his decision to send her a Valentine, his voice conveying a childlike innocence. "Alright, lover boy. Now, off my desk! I think you're sittin on my stamps." she ordered, shooing him away as he slid off her desk. "Where'd they...? Oi, Postman Pat! Turn around! " she called out, looking around for the stamps before spotting them. "Who...me? " he asked, raising an eyebrow at her choice of nickname. "They're stuck to the back of your pants." she exclaimed, unable to control her laughter as he strained his neck to follow her gaze.
"See? Even the non- livin ones can't resist my cute arse! " he quipped boastfully, as she carefully pulled them off. "Whatever you say, hot stuff!  Well, your mum'll never know where these were, right? " she muttered, shrugging as she quickly glued the stamps on and licked the envelope shut. "Ooh...she likes what she sees! Please tell me that's my next patient." he whispered, smiling smugly as his eyes wandered towards the woman who was sitting patiently in the waiting room and watching them the entire time. This time it was her eyes that were glued to his butt as she bit her lips in a lascivious manner. He fed her lustful hunger, proudly showcasing his assets as he swaggered into his clinic. Her dreamy eyes followed him as he did so. "The doctor's in, Ms. Martins." an amused Elle snapped the drooling woman back into reality, rolling her eyes at what she'd just witnessed. She put the letter into her purse, humming Please Mr. Postman to herself as she walked to the post office.