Chapter 16

"I don't understand. Ya can play lover to your patients, but when I ask you to play my fake lover, suddenly you're all saintly an' have a reputation to uphold?! It's only for a few weeks, ya know? Only for mumsy's viewin pleasure, yeah? " she pleaded, with a puppy face of her own, watching over his shoulder at his reflection in the bathroom mirror as he shaved . "Ya don't understand. A relationship without sex is chaos!" he explained, ignoring her pleading eyes as he splashed water across his face once he was done. "That doesn't make sense at all!" she muttered, following him out of the bathroom. "To me it does, kay? I dunno how ya survive without sex an' it may seem normal to ya, but I..." he began to ramble like an all-knowing expert on sexual relationships, rummaging through the box of Marc's stuff for a jumper while she sat cross-legged on her bed and listened intently. "Yes, right...I know, you're a sex addict!" she completed his sentence for him, even though that wasn't what he was going to say! "Geez! First I'm a womanizer, now I'm a sex addict?! Ya really are one judgmental woman, ya know that?" he rebuked on hearing her.
"Ya don't really understand what it's like to be a single person in the city, do you, doctor? Sure, you lived all alone in that large mansion, but atleast you had patients who'd leave their busy hubbies and keep you company whenever you felt lonely. Just a house call away, right?" she compared their lonely lives, as he decided to make do with a parka and headed for the door. "But, that's alright. You won't understand the plight of a woman with a non-existential love life with an overbearing mum intent on marrying her off and who'll probably get fed up of the nagging and end up as a crazy cat lady cuz the only bloke she knows doesn't wanna help her out, even though she provided him with food, shelter and protection from her homicidal friend. It's alright if ya wanna seem ungrateful, doc...." he stopped short, rolling his eyes as he realized she was trying to guilt him.
"Fine! If yer gonna whine about it...! Yer an expert on emotional blackmail, arentcha? Besides, I've done far more ridiculous stuff to fool my parents." he pitied her, tossing the parka aside and getting under the covers with her, as she suppressed a victorious smile. "Brilliant! We'll have the most chaotic relationship!" she teased, as he frowned at the thought of a sexless relationship with his receptionist. "Sometimes, I'd get awfully lonely, ya know?" he whispered, cozying up to her with a wicked grin. He scowled on receiving a painful nudge from her. "What now?" he asked, as she glared at him from her pillow. "Mumsy hasn't arrived yet. We're not a couple till her arrival. An' you still won't get any, even then...So, nice try, but don't even think bout it, mate!" she replied , kicking him out of bed before the devious doctor could try anything! "That's gonna hurt in the mornin! That's comin outta yer salary, by the way." he groaned, picking up the parka and heading back to the couch after an unsuccessful attempt to woo her, clutching his aching back as he did so.