Chapter 27

"I bet mumsy's already mentally registered ya." Elle whispered with a mysterious smile, waking him up by caressing his hair as she spoke. "What're ya on about?" he mumbled, drowsily. "She's got this marriage registry office set up in her mind especially for me, kay? Once she finds out I've a suitable man in my life, she immediately registers him an' I don't hear the end of it! Ya can't back out or go back to bein a commitmentphobe now. I bet you're already in...an' ya don't even have your home back yet, so ya can't hide it out either! Ya can't run either, cuz she's good at trackin down potential husbands. An' now that she's seen ya, she won't lose sight of ya!" she explained, suppressing her wicked grin so as to not alarm him. "Mumsy seems like a real go getter, eh? So, there's no way outta it?" he asked, sitting up immediately on hearing her. "Not unless she finds a load of secret dirty laundry, like the fact that you were a womanizer an' slept with your patients." she replied, wrapping an arm around his waist as she snuggled up to him. "Really?" he muttered, placing a hand on her shoulder and squeezing it lightly. The thought of marriage was a first for him and would require some getting used to, but he was determined to be with Elle and make it work. Those were his thoughts, before he was interrupted by Elle who continued- "She hates men who keep secrets. She met my dad at a pub in the States where she waitressed. She harbored dreams of makin it in Hollywood an' he harbored a dark past involvin drug dealin an' gamblin. Theirs was a short marriage an' her dreams ended with my birth. All hell would break lose if she found out about your past, Miller, an' maybe she won't approve of our relationship if she does find out." He hugged a worried Elle who hugged him back in a way that seemed like she didn't want to let go, as if in fear of losing him. He could feel a hot tear roll down her cheek and land on his bare chest as he held her in his arms and planted a kiss on top of her head.
"Quit worryin. She won't....ow!" he tried to console, before letting out a yelp on feeling something jab him in the back as he leant against his pillow. "What?" she asked, looking up at him while drying her tears. "Oh...but, look what I found...!" he exclaimed, pulling out her little diary that she tucked behind her pillow every night. "That's my side of the bed...an' that's mine!" she realized in horror, rustling up the sheets as she tried to snatch her precious diary away from him. "Not anymore. I'm sleepin on yer side of the bed, so this is my property...to do as I please!" he corrected, keeping the diary out of her reach with a childish grin. "Oi! Those are all your appointments for this week!" she cried out, even more horrified as he browsed through the diary and began pulling out pages! "Aye! But, half o' em aren't even sick! Most o' em were bored housewives or sex-starved girlfriends whose husbands/ boyfriends were ol patients o' mine. While others were ol patients o' mine whose sex lives were borin an' they wanted to see me for reasons other than a daily checkup." he revealed, ignoring her cries as he began crumpling the pages into little balls before tossing them away in a nonchalant manner. "So, that's buh-bye to Mrs. Fassbender, Mrs. Rosewater, Ms. Sully, Mrs. Burton...there! All the women who only come in for the sex an' never show any symptoms for any disease. Well, maybe nymphomania! But, ya don't have to worry bout em now...cuz I'm all yers!" he exclaimed, shutting the diary and putting it away once he'd reduced the number of his actual patients to half. "Awww....just one question. Who's Mr. Smith?" she enquired curiously, remembering the name of one of his male patients from a page he'd torn out. "Oh, him! In my defense, he came on to me! It was just an experiment though, like ya an' yer fling with Nina!" he replied, flashing her a cocky grin as he mentioned her lesbian experience with Nina (which she now regretted giving away to him!) , eliciting a playful whack from her. "I keep tellin ya we just had a bit too much to drink at her cousin's out of control hen do! Just curious...but, how was he?" she tried to defend herself, before flashing him a cocky grin of her own as she teasingly decided to ask him about his own experiment with Mr. Smith."Definitely should've stuck to the female patients!" he replied, with a shudder. She giggled in between moans as he returned to his charming self, brushing aside the unfortunate affair between him and Mr. Smith as he showered her neck with kisses.